SAP Basis Consultant
||£37,800 - £51,000
What it’s about?
Cambridge Assessment is in the process of transforming its core IT systems. Your role will be to help deliver IT services which allow the business to enhance, innovate and transform. This is an exciting moment to join our organisation and help us to achieve our goals and objectives in support of the overall roadmap and strategy.
• Detailed understanding of SAP & SAP methodologies.
• Strong technical knowledge in the appropriate skill sets.
• Able to map technical business needs to SAP architectures, standards and reusable assets.
• Able to understand networking including firewall, ports and load balancers.
• Good understanding of Service Management processes
The accountabilities of this role include:
• Responsibility for successful delivery of SAP System technical project support and implementation timelines.
• Ensuring the SAP based systems operate reliably and efficiently in a secure environment. This includes assisting with the configuration and maintenance of High Availability and Disaster Recovery of SAP Solutions.
• Ensuring the adherence of SAP standards and best practices
• Consulting on enhancements to SAP platforms or upgrades with correct use of SAP architecture
• Delivering quality documentations for the SAP environments
• Providing support for other applications and services as requested by the SAP Basis team leader
• Carrying out Knowledge Transfer to the rest of the team.
• Evaluating and researching of new trends in the SAP Solution area
What we’re looking for
• Expert technology skills in the given technology through formal training and relevant experience.
• Ability to produce quality technical documentation and explain technical concepts to customers in plain English
• A proactive and communicative team player with a critical, yet result-oriented and positive attitude.
• Knowledge of relevant methodologies such as Scrum / Agile / Accelerated SAP (ASAP)
• Problem solving skills
• Strong motivational skills
• Time management
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2 January and telephone interviews will be held on 11 January 2017, with face to face interviews being held on 18 January 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply by clicking the APPLY button, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER