Graduate / Junior Developer - Training Scheme
||Competitive plus Benefits inc. Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days' Holiday + Day Off on Birthday!
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Graduate / Junior Developer to undertake the training which will form the cornerstone of your career and work with an inspiring team to build something amazing with us.
We are now seeking to build a team of early career Developers who will be enabled to grow and develop and will be guided by the Engineers who have built the OVO community.
As one of our Graduate / Junior Developers, you’ll attend a bespoke training course starting in the last week of January 2018 and will have the chance to continuously develop.
Specifically, the course will entail engaging with other talented Developers at a similar stage in their career and gaining hands-on experience in the following:
- Scala and functional programming
- Kafka and design principles for micro-services
- Akka and message-driven applications
- CircleCI and testing strategies such as TDD and BDD
Interested? To start your journey with OVO, you’ll need:
- To be a back-end engineer with around 18 months’ hands-on experience in building distributed systems in a multi-language environment
- Commercial experience with functional programming or a demonstrated desire to learn (projects on GitHub are great)
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming
- Experience with CI, and ideally CD
- Experience of driving automation across build, test and release processes
- A degree (ideally 2:1 or above) in Computer Science or equivalent
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Junior Backend Engineer, Trainee Backend Engineer, Junior Backend Software Engineer, Trainee Software Engineer, Junior Back End Engineer, Trainee Software Application Engineer, Software Developer or Application Developer.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to join a business that’s in the Sunday Times’ top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- Work within a flat structure (so any of our Engineers can lead any project and contribute ideas across the whole business)
- Work as part of a team who’ve mastered the art of hangouts and VC to ensure that everyone has a voice
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- A great range of modern and retro video games, as well as table tennis
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Graduate / Junior Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.