||£32,256 - £36,288
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail - Europe’s largest civil engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
The Economic Analysis team provides transport appraisal and demand forecasting expertise to support the case for rail investment, the long term planning process, enhancement scheme development and commercial claims.
We are proud of the quality of our analysis, our flexible approach to meeting our clients’ requirements and the influence we have over the future of the rail industry.
The team sits within the System Operator function that has been redefined to ensure that we meet the long term needs of the industry and its funders.
The Economic Analyst carries out passenger demand forecasting and investment appraisal to support the long term planning process, scheme development, and commercial claims to improve the value for money of our plans.
• Provide quantitative analysis to support the contribution of the Economic Analysis team to Network Rail's planning activities;
• Provide support to colleagues across Network Rail on economic issues, such as the development of the business case for enhancement schemes;
• Develop analytical tools to support our planning activities.
• Numerate degree level education or relevant experience.
• Practical experience of economic analysis or investment appraisal.
• Good research skills
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication
• Can plan and deliver priorities individually and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of the transport/railway sector.
• Experience of working in a regulatory environment.
• Understanding of financial/business plan information.
• Good understanding of the economic issues faced by Network Rail
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Does this sound like the role for you? If so please check out the advert and apply today!
Closing date: 18 November 2017.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.