12th January 2016
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Starting salary of £38,000 - We have the International Traineeship that will turn you into the ready-for-anything, seize-the-moment, go-for-it manager who can lead us in the future.
We’re making headlines for all the right reasons which is why this role is part of our big plan to capitalise on success. You’re a quick-thinking, initiative-taking, problem-solving graduate who wants to get on in international retail management. We’re a supermarket with a do-it-different, keep-it-simple, make-it-better approach that has made us an international retail phenomenon. Let’s get together.
10,000-plus stores. 135 retail distribution centres. Operations in 28 countries. Lidl is a big business. By joining our 2-Year Programme you’ll get to know all about what makes us tick. In your first 8 months you’ll see the complexities of our business in the UK and experience the sharp end of our operations: Sales and Logistics. Then you’ll join in for 6 months in your chosen department. Extensive training will show you the ins and outs and whys and wherefores of our business, before jetting off on secondment to another Lidl country for another 6 months; finishing with the chance to tackle some big, live projects both in the UK and overseas. You’ll then be ready to go. Big time.
Lidl isn’t your common-or-run-of-the-mill supermarket. Our do-it-different, keep-it-simple, make-it-better approach to what we do has made us an international retail phenomenon. Here in the UK, we’re on a roll too. The biggest winner at the Grocer Awards, we also clinched the coveted Grocer of the Year Gold in 2015. With some 620 stores in just over 20 years, we’re expanding all the time. Great news for quick-thinking, initiative-taking, problem-solving graduates like you, because we can open up a big, wide world of opportunity to make the most of your talents.
Join us in Controlling and take on the responsibility of managing international and national projects, applying your analytical mind and attention to detail. Get number crunching to find out which KPI’s make us so successful and involve yourself in data extraction, reconciliations, anomaly investigation and summary reports. You may feel you already have good experience, but our comprehensive training and development will teach you the Lidl UK way!
- A minimum 2:1 degree
- 6 - 12 months' experience in the specialist area of your choice
- A full UK driving licence
- A talent for leadership with drive and determination to succeed
- A real passion to learn, with the drive to tackle new experiences head-on
- A talent for delivering exceptional customer service
- Fluency in English and German language
- Excellent communication skills
- A genuine enjoyment of fast-paced, varied environments
- No-nonsense, common-sense, quick-on-the-uptake, get-the-job-done approach
- Starting salary of £38,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Fully expensed company car
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Private medical care
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- International Placement Opportunity
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects