Northgate Public Services
18th December 2015
£20000 - £24000
Northgate Public Services
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Northgate Public Services is one of the fastest growing public service businesses in the UK. It uses strategy, innovation, information and technology to promote high-performing public services, management and governance in the UK.
We work together with our clients in trusted partnerships to deliver better public services that seek to improve the skills and capabilities of employees, fully engage the public and thereby add to public value. It is the depth and breadth of the knowledge and the work of Northgate Public Services employees that places it in a distinct position.
Northgate Public Services partners with the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. In the UK we work with 95% of Local Authorities, every police force and a large number of health organisations, housing associations, utilities and transport companies.
Northgate Public Services supports corporate and service transformation through sustainable performance partnerships. Its services embrace local government, environment and planning, energy efficiency, public safety and enforcement, health and social care, housing, financial management and transport.
We take great pride in the talent, skills and professionalism of our employees. Growth, internal staff promotion and progression provide opportunities to recruit talented individuals to develop and promote within established teams.
The position of Graduate Developer will be based in the Bracknell office working on Oracle Web based applications supplied to local authorities and central government. Projects are frequently delivered in the Software as a Service model adding to the challenges of delivery and security
Duties will provide experience of working within a supportive experienced professional software development team supporting and maintaining existing applications and developing software for new projects through the full software development lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Product Specialists, Development and QA teams, to contribute to the development of software applications meeting customer requirements.
- Undertake software design, development, and unit testing
- Provide estimates and technical specifications for development work as required, covering all aspects of the development life cycle
- Provide technical assistance to QA and support teams
- Provide Customer support and 3rd line investigation
- Participate in reviews at design and code level as required
- Ensure own source code is appropriately documented
Required Knowledge and Experience
A Graduate in a computer science based discipline to a minimum of an upper second class level with:-
- A strong desire to be successful within the organisation with a clear view on personal goals and objectives
- An excellent mix of analytical and technical skills
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach to software development
- A good level of understanding in development principles and processes.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff and team members at all levels
- Exposure to and or experience of :-
- Oracle databases and PL-SQL programming.
- Web technologies including web services, XML, CSS and HTML
Security Clearance/CRB Clearance
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.
Candidates may have to go through CRB clearance as part of this role.
To apply please click the APPLY button.