Graduate Junior Consultant
Northgate Public Services
18th December 2015
£20000 - £24000
Northgate Public Services
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Do you have a degree in a IT related discipline?
***Please note before applying that this role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK and overnight stays as required so flexibility here is a must.***
We are great with technology, but it’s our people who keep us innovative. They have a broad range of experience and a shared commitment to public service delivery that sets us apart.
Northgate Public Services is one of the fastest growing public service businesses in the UK. It uses strategy, innovation, information and technology to promote high-performing public services, management and governance in the UK.
We work together with our clients in trusted partnerships to deliver better public services that seek to improve the skills and capabilities of employees, fully engage the public and thereby add to public value. It is the depth and breadth of the knowledge and the work of Northgate Public Services employees that places it in a distinct position.
Northgate Public Services partners with the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. In the UK we work with 95% of Local Authorities, every police force and a large number of health organisations, housing associations, utilities and transport companies.
Northgate Public Services supports corporate and service transformation through sustainable performance partnerships. Its services embrace local government, environment and planning, energy efficiency, public safety and enforcement, health and social care, housing, financial management and transport.
In turn, our commitment is to a diverse and flexible working environment that offers structured training and great opportunities at the forefront of public service transformation.
To provide the installation, consultancy and training of the NPS Electronic Document Systems for our customers. Leading products based on the latest Microsoft technology platforms, providing key business benefits to a well-established customers. This role will enable an enthusiastic, technically minded person to develop and be trained by experienced consultants in an exciting, growing field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing/implementing EDMS projects and services.
- Following of processes dictated by the business including but not limited to: PID (Project Initiation Document) creation and associated appendices (risks, issues, change controls etc); Timesheeting; Expenses; Resource planning; Financial control
- Project Meeting Attendance
- Support of customers up to the point of handover
- Acquire and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the EDRM software applications and the associated business processes
- Assist in the provision of consultancy to clients as part of transformation programmes and help to identify and implement efficiency savings & cost reductions
- Gain an understanding of customer’s current and future requirements and turn these into effective deliverables to achieve the desired outcomes
- Provide consultancy to clients on the set-up and use of the software applications in line with their business requirements
- Own and manage assigned client relationships as directed by the Consultancy Staffing Manager
- Deliver innovative training courses to clients ensuring they meet the project brief and the needs of the client
- Maintain business domain knowledge, through journals, websites and other appropriate media
Essential Knowledge and Experience
A Graduate in a IT/business related discipline to a minimum of an upper second class level or equivalent experience with:-
- A strong desire to be successful within the organisation with a clear view on personal goals and objectives
- A good level of understanding of effective customer service
- Ability to work flexibility, including away from home and at weekend when required
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of EDRM systems
Candidates should hold a valid full UK driving licence.
Closing date: 14 January 2016.
To apply please click the APPLY button.