|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||4th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to lead the mechanical design and simulation of Exterior and Interior Lighting and to coordinate their virtual testing and mechanical development.
Working in Agile squads the role will involve utilising virtual engineering tools such as Abaqus, LS-DYNA and Catia V5 and Catia V6 to advance mechanical design development, develop methods, processes and the Lighting body of knowledge in these areas. In addition, support the wider team for problem resolution. Reporting into a Technical Specialist, the role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan whilst balancing quality, cost, time and customer acceptance both internal and external to the Lighting team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the mechanical (structural, stress, fatigue, vibration durability) design, simulation and development of Interior and Exterior lighting components.
* Responsible for mechanical feasibility analysis during early design maturation in support of vehicle package development, concept lamp development, Jaguar Land Rover lighting strategy and legal requirements.
* Ensure that lighting 3D data, simulations and measurements meet Jaguar Land Rover quality requirements and that Tier 1 suppliers provide robust data to meet internal gateways.
* Support Lead Engineers with rectification of issues.
* Support component sourcing.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Provide input into new standards development, and new Product Design Specifications.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Experience of automotive lighting mechanical design, simulation and development using standard industry tools such as Abaqus and LS-DYNA, leading technical issues within a project team environment.
* Strong IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools.
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body Engineering commodities.
* Previous programme delivery experience, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution.
* Experience working in Agile product development methodology.
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3126272