|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||1st July|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
This role is within the Lids department within Body Engineering reporting to the departmental Group Leader with matrix reporting to the Programme Module Leader. The components that the fixed glazing & IRVM team are responsible for are front windscreen, backlight, sixth light & interior rear view mirrors and covers, and as a Lead CAD Engineer, would be expected to deliver the geometry for one or more of these components on a programme depending on content.
The role will focus on leading the CAD Engineering Design, Development and Delivery of the fixed glazing for Jaguar and Land Rover new or On-going Program Development (OPD) programmes up to Final Data Judgment in line with programme timing (PCS) although experience of delivering any of the above mentioned components would be considered. This role will also focus on ensuring compatibility with all components within the fixed glazing environment
* Lead the delivery of vehicle programme geometry
* Lead geometry design reviews for the Lids commodities
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure geometry is feasible and meets Engineering and Design requirements
* Liaise with internal customers to ensure component alignment
* Use the Bill of Design (BoD) and Requirements to ensure the parts are designed with the most up to date information
* Deliver 3D and 2D geometry including GD&T to the required standards
* Use AVA (Associative Vehicle Architecture) and power copy tools to improve part definition.
* Support Commodity Team meetings and Package meetings where required
* Freeze updated geometry regularly to ensure visibility of current parts to support Design in Context.
* Manage workload and prioritise with the Commodity Lead Engineer and Module Leader.
* Identify any conflicts/improvements with BoD, BoP or requirements to the Subject Matter Experts
* Have the ability to liaise with all levels throughout engineering, across all disciplines, in order to deliver the required concepts.
* Identify potential Reusable Feature models (Powercopies) and deliver to business
* Assist, when requested with all virtual reviews, presentations.
* Manage supporting Project Trackers updating documentation as required.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong capability in using Virtual Engineering tools CATIA V5, CATIA V6 and Teamcenter
* Experience of designing fixed glazing from early concept to full production release
* Strong ability to interpret 2D sketch into 3D digital form
* Experience in the creation of Digital concepts through surface development that represents design intent
* Experience in Microsoft Office software.
* Good general PC skills
* AVA Creator or user Qualified
* Demonstrate appropriate application of AVA geometric models and networks
* Body Engineering Commodity Geometry Creation
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Technical and practical knowledge of integrating components into vehicles
* Technical and practical knowledge of Product Engineering commodities