|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||22nd June|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
As a Senior Pedestrian Protection CAE engineer, you will be expected to independently validate and guide the vehicle front end design by creating/ processing data from high quality LS-Dyna pedestrian leg impact models using the Oasys toolset. You will need to be fully experienced working to legal and consumer test protocols and have solid understanding of pedestrian leg impactor kinematics (FlexPli, aPLI, Upper Leg) and have sympathy for other attribute requirements (Design, Crash, D&R, Thermal, Aero, etc).
You should be able to use sound engineering judgement to independently extract relevant model outputs to determine the underlying nature of the issue and identify concerns, explain the fundamental physics and propose well evidenced design change resolutions to the Body Exteriors team, the wider Body Engineering dept as well as becoming a key partner with Body CAE, Aero, D&R and Programme teams. Using optimisation and robustness techniques to reduce component cost/weight and development time are key to this role.
You will operate in a cross-functional Agile squad but will report directly to the Exteriors CAE Group Leader whilst supporting the Vehicle Safety attribute team, programme Lead Engineers, Exterior Module Leaders, Exteriors Product Integration team and the Exteriors Quality team.
You will be primarily based at the JLR Gaydon site (hybrid working arrangements are currently in place), but there may be need to conduct activities at other JLR manufacturing & design locations, or supplier sites, to suit business needs.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Highly experienced in the use of LS-Dyna for explicit FE impact analysis and the associated pre/post-processing tools (Oasys PRIMER, D3Plot, THis, Altair HW, etc).
* Experience in analysis and design of vehicle front ends for pedestrian protection.
* Use above tools to assess system/ sub-system/ component designs against defined performance targets across a wide range of impact load cases (pedestrian, pendulum, insurance tests, etc)
* Experience in reducing a large complex vehicle issue into a smaller reduced DOF sub-system CAE model to rapidly improve and optimise component design.
* Experience of solving complex technical issues and overcoming challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
* Experience in the use of implicit (linear/non-linear) FE solvers (LS-Dyna, OS, ABAQUS) and the associated pre/post-processing tools for static quality analyses of system/ sub-system/ component designs across a range of quality load cases (durability, vibration, thermal loading, wade loading & feel predictions).
* Experience with CATIA v6 and Enovia/3DExperience and able to view and interrogate detailed geometry.
* Use of polymer reinforced textile and other non-metal CAE material models.
* Engineering knowledge of exterior components - function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
* Competence in the use of other related tools such as macro programming using Fast-TCF, Excel VBA, TCL, Perl or Python.
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3106949