|Listed on:||16th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£50,000 - £75,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Database Administrator opportunity
Salary: 50 -70k/year
Location: Remote or Hybrid working Glasgow
Purpose of the role:
To manage database configuration including installing and upgrading software whilst maintaining relevant documentation and identifying, evaluating and managing the adoption of database administration tools and processes, including automation.
The Senior Database Administrator is expected to develop and maintain procedures and documentation for databases, contributing to the setting of standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects and ensures conformance to these standards.
The role monitors and reports on database activity and resource usage, optimising database performance and plans for forecast resource needs.
Procedures and standards
· Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures
· Develops and maintains procedures and documentation for databases including setting standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects (e.g. naming conventions). Ensures conformance to documented standards.
· Manages database configuration(s) including installing and upgrading software, servers and application tools, ensuring that all standard procedures are observed, applying fixes, and maintaining relevant supplier and user documentation.
· Monitors database activity and resource usage. Optimises database performance and reports on key system metrics.
Resource and storage requirements
· Plans for forecast resource needs. Manages database resources, including allocation of system storage. Working with colleagues, plans for future storage requirements and prepares cases for additional resources.
Administration tools and automation
· Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate database administration tools and processes, including automation.
· Works with application developers, support staff and external software vendors to troubleshoot site-specific performance issues, escalating to developers for software fixes or implementing database improvements.
· Supervises database backup and restore activities, ensuring all standard procedures are observed.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
-Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate SQL Server
-MySQL Database Developer Oracle Certified Professional
-MySQL Certified Implementation Specialist
-PostgreSQL Professional Certification
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted over the next two weeks.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.