Automation Test Analyst- Glasgow
As Automation Test Analyst, you will be a member of the Trading Product team and demonstrate an excellent understanding of the underlying technologies and business processes. You will be focused on creation and execution of automation tests as part of an agile delivery model. You will communicate across senior management levels and join an excellent team that nurtures development within a highly regulated financial environment.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for the production of high quality software on a personal and team level adhering to all software engineering quality standards / benchmarks
- Collaborating and communicating with other testers and developers and team members to build automated technical solutions that meet customer needs
- Ensuring active participation in daily scrum calls providing updates and raising/highlighting impediments in a timely fashion
- Demonstrating passion for adoption of new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous improvement
- Progressively automating user stories as per release / sprint plans
- Automating using agreed / standard automation framework (Java / Cypress / Selenium / Cucumber / BDD / Python / RDBMS)
- Taking ownership of assigned user stories i.e. understanding, collaborating with Bas / POs / Architects, scripting and executing within the sprint cycle
- Ensuring the documents like test cases, auto scripts, detailed status reports, test completion reports are prepared and necessary sign-offs have been obtained
What we're looking for:
- Solid track record in Software Testing within the Finance / Trading industry
- Test Automation (preferably within a Java framework)
- Working knowledge of SQL - must have the ability to interrogate databases and integrate with Test suite
- Experience of continuous integration and source control systems (e.g. Jenkins, GIT)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working knowledge of Equity, Fixed Interest and Fund Trading platforms
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2 and RDS
- Working knowledge of Cypress Testing
Apply with an up to date version of your CV.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.