To be responsible for the management and development of key technology products, platforms, and services at SAGE. Lead, mentor, and grow the competencies of the Technology Product Management team members, ensuring alignment and use of best practice. Develop strategies for growth of each product and inform prioritization, scheduling, and budgeting through research, reporting and analysis ensuring alignment with SAGE's overall strategy and mission. To be an ambassador for Global Technology with a passion for technology and product management.
The key accountabilities for this role are to:
- Lead and coach a strong, motivated team of highly skilled Technology Product Managers who own the vision, strategic goals, and backlogs for technology
- Collaborate on the definition and application of best practice for Product Management between Technology and the wider SAGE Business engaging in a community of
- Contribute to the strategic vision and growth of each product. Connecting current delivery needs with the long-term goals of the future state desired by SAGE users, customers, and vendors
- Coordinate and collaborate with Product Portfolio Managers and Product Managers to understand and resolve cross product and cross roadmap
- Build key relationships with business stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of product needs and priorities. Attend and participate in business unit strategy meetings. Act as an escalation and conflict management point with
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with internal stakeholders which include technical teams, Product Managers, leadership, and architects to maintain and develop strong system and product
- Lead on major initiatives, including cross-roadmap, cross-product, and cross-platform.
- Identify risks and propose solutions to issues with vendor management, legislation and compliance, resources, and major
- Make compelling cases and solid business recommendations shaping product priorities and budget
- Ensure feedback is collected from internal and external stakeholders and the Voice of the Customer is captured and
- Responsible for communicating and educating relevant internal and external stakeholders for products, projects, Leverage your technical knowledge to write, produce and
- present technical articles, videos, and presentations and be an active member of the user community.
- Anticipate SAGE's needs, challenge the business, and identify opportunities to innovate, getting the most out of our applications, services, and
- Where required fulfil the responsibility of Product Owner, prioritize a product backlog, and execute initiatives that create and deploy new features, products, and functionality.
- Uphold security and privacy standard practices and ensure that security is embedded in each
Skill Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in Senior Product Management, or Senior Technology Management and
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing
- Experience defining profit & loss statements, product / system budgets and recommending investment needs based on vision and growth
- Experience developing, leading, and owning product(s) roadmaps
- Experience in agile/scrum software product development, developing products through cross- functional teams and working with a distributed
- Demonstrated continual professional education in product management, product ownership or equivalent delivery management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organisation, influencing by persuasion and influence rather than authority in pressurised situations without direct
- Excellent organisational, project management, planning and time management
- Great communicator, comfortable talking to people both 1-1 and in front of a group.
- Commercially focused, driven to help achieve company
- Experience in creating product specifications, including capturing requirements, writing user stories and wireframing
- Proactive and able to Lead efforts to define new processes, incorporating feedback from stakeholders and external
- Analytics experience with the ability to interpret data to inform business
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.
Contact Name: Sage Publishing