We are recruiting for a PLM Technical Delivery Manager to manage AWE's Information Services, PLM applications and participate in the development of its future strategy. Line and task manage and lead the IS PLM Team in the development, implementation, and operation of PLM applications across AWE, including close work with key customers and suppliers. Act as the technical focal point between IT Operations and IT Projects to ensure projects only deliver effective systems within budget and to schedule.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary £42,700 - £65,000
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Work with the Business Relationship Managers and customer communities to develop customer requirements into deliverable PLM solutions and fit for purpose IT.
- Review project designs to ensure delivered services are operable and will not detriment existing technologies and services.
- To assist the Senior Manager and Project Managers in the development, implementation and operational improvement of the PLM software.
- To manage the day-to-day change projects of the PLM applications, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training and quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- To develop the technological knowledge of the IS PLM Application Support Teams. Support them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives in conjunction with the team leader, and to continually improve their understanding of modern technologies.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the CIO or the Head of Enterprise Applications.
- Key Responsibilities
- Manage system configuration changes of the PLM applications through sprints.
- Effectively manage projects through transition into live operations.
- Identify future PLM upgrade options and areas of under-utilised capabilities that will add value to the Business.
- Manage stakeholder interface and escalations from sprints/project work.
- Work with the BRM, PLM Product and Delivery Manager to assess future demand.
- Implement changes and new systems or programs within the group.
- Engage staff in using best-practice tools and methodology.
- Liaise with specialist PLM contractors and suppliers.