This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for RF Engineer/Passive Equipment Specialist to join Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful applicant will join the Repeater Equipment Team supporting the Telecom Payload Business Line. In joining us you will be a part of the team that sees the outcome of its work launched into Space and responsible for connecting people all over the world.
This is an exciting role focused on passive equipment such as Waveguide and Coaxial Switches, Waveguide assemblies, Couplers, Circulators, Isolators and RF Harness (Waveguides and Coaxial Cables) required for Airbus Defence and Space innovative payloads.
You will cover the whole equipment life cycle - from monitoring the development of new equipment to seeing equipment delivered for integration onto the Payload and dealing with any in-orbit anomalies.
The role has two main aspects:
1) You will be responsible for Payload Equipment produced by suppliers for complex challenging payload projects. Starting with equipment specification, engineering support to procurement activities, engineering support to reviews with external suppliers and customers, problem resolution, test and in-orbit performance you will act as the Airbus customer for the unit.
2) Forward looking responsibility such as support to the Telecom proposal team, support to R&D, new products introduction and continuous improvement of the tools and processes.
You will work closely with multiple engineering teams: internally with the payload design team, technical authorities and experts in various engineering disciplines (such as EMC, Radiation, Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems), the supply chain managers; but also externally with frequent interactions with suppliers and Airbus' customers.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check). The role requires occasional travel overseas.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design trade-offs and support to make or buy decision
- Generation of equipment specifications
- Provide technical support and recommendations into the bid proposal, consultation and supplier selection process
- Act as technical focal point with equipment suppliers supporting creation of development plans, resolving technical problems and ensuring design to cost and schedule.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations in front of the end customer as required
- Represent Airbus in equipment reviews with suppliers and customers (such as EQSR, PDR, CDR)
- Attend and present at project design reviews, as necessary.
- Attend supplier evaluation reviews and make recommendations in terms of design, performance, risk, product policy and design to cost requirements.
- Support closure on all technical problems and non-conformance
- Contribute to the lessons learned process and make sure second closures are implemented across all on-going and future projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Electrical, Electronic engineering or physics with ideally RF / microwave or radio communications content.
- Demonstrated competence and knowledge of relevant RF Equipment's gained in a design, development or production environment.
- Experience of working directly with customers /suppliers, with a strong ability to present ideas and concepts to the customer/supplier with authority.
- A methodical approach to work, with commitment and drive to bring tasks to completion
- Ability to interact with various technical and non-technical disciplines and work on multiple parallel activities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to generate innovative solutions.
What we can offer you
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and very strong, very real strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.#LI-AS1
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.