Global Principal Oracle Could Infrastructure (OCI) Architect
We are the leading cloud managed services provider mission-critical enterprise applications. We have the size and scale to implement and manage SAP and Oracle ERP deployments in a secure, resilient, multicloud environment. With strong technical and functional consulting services and a commitment to customer experience and automation, we serve some of the world's largest organizations across a diverse range of industries. We also partner with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM and other global technology leaders.
We are currently seeking a Principal Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect. The Principal OCI Architect will play a leadership role in the organization's ongoing growth related to OCI, working closely within our teams and Oracle colleagues to develop the most advanced solution for ERP on OCI in the market.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on self-starter who has a strong cloud computing background, as well as a proven track record of successful architecture, design, implementation, automation, and orchestration of the complete array of OCI infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings.
- Own, document, and communicate the technical standards for Syntax's OCI IaaS solutions, collaborating with our internal team and Oracle colleagues to define and adhere to best practices, develop automation, and ensure continuous improvement to the offerings.
- Work with pre-sales solution architects to understand customer requirements, technical designs, and infrastructure builds, defining the inputs required to successfully automate deployments.
- Participate in the post-sales onboarding process to ensure delivered solutions align with proposed solutions and customer expectations.
- Act as Level III escalation for Priority 1 issues related to OCI, participating in the root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective action processes, ensuring any lessons learned are incorporated into future architecture standards and related designs.
- Work with OCI product managers to communicate architectural and design standards to internal and external stakeholders with the proper set of views and documents.
- Managed related architecture blueprints and detailed documentation.
- Participate in working groups comprised of our multicloud team of product managers, pre-sales and post-sales solution architects, engineers, and developers, sharing best practices, and incorporating them into the OCI solution.
- Collaborate with OCI and Oracle operations team members to develop and maintain an automation roadmap, including provisioning automation, local and remote failover automation, and deployment automation.
- Work with our DevOps team to implement the roadmap.
- Collaborate with pre-sales solution architects, product managers, and DevOps engineers to integrate OCI functionality into our CxHub customer portal, including configuration management for network, compute, and storage, as well as billing and cost management.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications, working with pre-sales solution architects and operations team members to communicate requirements and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement.
- Interact with our project management office, product managers and other technical stakeholders in developing service level agreements for implementation and configuration tasks.
- Identify, assess, and propose workarounds/trade-offs to meet custom requirements, using multiple OCI and multicloud solutions from AWS, Azure, and our Internal Enterprise Cloud.
- Work closely with our security team to integrate our zero-trust monitoring and management solutions with OCI, including identity and access management, privileged access management, privileged password management, logging, and vulnerability management.
- Provide industry thought leadership related to OCI, including conference presentations, blog posts, webinars, and whitepapers, and mentor internal team to build necessary capability.
- Offer creative solutions that leverage OCI IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings, with a deep knowledge of the interdependencies across services.
- Act as a technical point of contact to Oracle, participating in key meetings with OCI technical leadership. Technical Qualifications Strong background and understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and technology as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud with at least 10 years of relevant experience, preferably OCI certified.
- Combined experience spanning at least two domains, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations .
- Proven experience working in an OCI environment, including various architecture best practices as they related to Oracle ERP, Databases, and Middleware.
- Experience with large scale application and database migrations into OCI, including deployment automation with Terraform.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and deploy multi-tier applications on OCI IaaS and PaaS services, including Database, Compute, Storage, Backup, Network, Security, and Load Balancing, including a demonstrated ability to leverage those services to provide better application performance, security, and availability.
- Proven experience assessing client's Oracle workloads and technology landscape for OCI suitability, Including OCI Network and Security design for complex architectures to support high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience in implementation and monitoring of OCI security, including Ingress/Egress Rules, Security Lists, IAM Policies, etc.
- Deep understanding of OCI networking, including FastConnect, VPN, and Local and Remote Peering, as well as experience with third-party network devices in an OCI architecture.
- Aptitude in scripting with Python and Terraform for the purpose of scripting repeatable tasks, including provisioning, monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Interpersonal Qualifications Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, global environment with an open mind and collaborative spirit.