Our growing Azure Service Delivery Center is looking for an experienced BAU Azure Analyst to join the BAU Operations team. The role is permanent and based in Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle; however, Avanade is currently working remotely and flexibly.
About the role:
Our BAU Azure Analysts provide first line response and resolution to incidents, service requests and general support and maintenance of Microsoft Azure hosted infrastructure. In this role, you will work over our portfolio of clients where we deliver and support solutions with Windows, Linux and Cloud varying from traditional infrastructure to cloud native.
As part of your duties you will also be required to be on call 2 weeks in every 6.
You will need to be eligible and willing to be Security Cleared due to the restricted nature of the clients we support.
As a BAU Azure Analyst, day to day:
- You will be working alongside some of the largest and leading-edge projects and transformations to support the operations of client systems which have been migrated to Azure.
- You will respond to and investigate Monitoring alert incidents generated by log analytics.
- You will respond to and resolve incidents and service requests within SLA/KPI targets.
- You will follow knowledge guidance and you will create knowledge articles and SOPs when required.
- You will work closely with the Incident Manager and Problem Manager to identify areas of improvement and reduce incident volumes.
- You will have good customer service experience with good written and verbal communication.
- You will identify areas of automation improvement to enhance our support and operations efficiency.
- You will perform routine patching during core business hours and when required out of hours.
You are deeply technical and enjoy solving complex technical challenges and have a desire to work with global teams and offshore resources. This is an excellent role for a confident, individual looking to work in a dynamic, agile environment in a highly autonomous role
Skills profile we require for the BAU Azure Analyst
- You have proven successful experience in an operations role and you can demonstrate the ability to successfully support Azure infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Exposure to Azure (virtual machines, virtual networks, Azure IaaS/PaaS) and other cloud platform experience would be advantageous.
- You have Active Directory experience, Operating System experience (Windows, Linux) and you have knowledge of networking.
- You have Incident Management experience and ServiceNow and/or other ITSM tool experience.
- You can work on multiple workstreams/tickets adhering to KPI and SLA targets.
- You have a proactive ability to troubleshoot and you have a desire to improve daily operations.
Other Desirable Technical Experience:
- Microsoft Cloud, Infrastructure and Software Engineering certifications.
- Support experience and knowledge of operating Citrix (Cloud) Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Databases: Primarily SQL Server but also modern none SQL type databases.
- PowerShell and/or Python (other languages a plus) experience.
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Azure Stack HCI.
This is an excellent role for a confident, individual looking to work in a dynamic, agile environment in a highly autonomous role
How do we reward you? We offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft's global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Contact Name: Avanade