RSSB are seeking an experienced Sitecore Developer, who will work as a technical lead in the Application Delivery team. The role will involve leading in the planning and development of several Sitecore websites and system integrations. You will be expected to lead and contribute to the development and implementation of company code standards, best practices, and operational procedures.
The team have recently completed a Sitecore 10 upgrade which being is deployed to Azure Kubernetes. CI/CD and a blue/green deployment strategy are being implemented using Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Develop, architect, and maintain Sitecore-centric-based solutions. Trusted and empowered to make technical decisions.
- Accountable for the timely and technical quality delivery on Sitecore-related elements/phases for software development projects.
- Proactively drive the technical definition of software delivery project planning (scope, time estimates, technical skills)
- Ensure technical implementation and delivery processes (i.e. Unit testing, Source control, Coding Standards, Deployments) and technical documentation are followed, improved and continuously evolved
- Promote a collaborative team environment and work closely with colleagues to achieve business objectives through coaching and mentoring
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, and end users) to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Investigate and propose solutions to development and design problems.
- Participate in the scope of work estimation and forecasting
- Adhere to architecture, design, implementation, and security standards and best practices.
- Build and develop prototypes for proof of concept
- Write high-quality code that satisfies customer needs and strives for simplicity, clarity, and testability.
- Participate in code reviews or use collaborative programming techniques to promote high quality business outcomes.
- Conduct analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
- Implement unit and integration tests and conduct functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Develop reusable software building blocks to enable faster delivery.
- Improve performance of existing software by diagnosing and resolving critical issues.
- Prepare technical documentation, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Analyse and create new configuration for packaged software.
- Review new releases of packaged software and identify new features that can be enabled for the business.
- Support in development and implementation of DR and BC plans.
- Coach and mentor colleagues.
- Sitecore Developer with experience of leading implementations of Sitecore
- E-commerce experience
- Proven Sitecore Helix experience
- Sitecore solution 9/10 Developer Certification
- Development using Microsoft technologies and frameworks (E.g. MVC, ASP.NET and C#)
- Git in Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Azure - PaaS, IaaS
- MS SQL Server
- Continuous integration - implementing Azure DevOps pipelines
- Azure DevOps and agile/sprint-based development
- PowerShell scripting
- Ability to manage stakeholders and translate technical information into the business terminology
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues