|Listed on:||21st April|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Architecture and Solution Team Lead
An exciting opportunity for a Architecture and Solution Team Lead has arisen for a within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting directly to the HO Engineering you will be responsible for fulfilling the technical (people, process, technology) activities for the Architecture and Solution Function Group for Airbus Cyber UK.
You will promote best practice and work with the solution architects and designers to define and deliver technical solutions. To ensure the design and subsequent development of the system meets the needs of the work package.
You will be responsible for the adoption and adaptation of systems design lifecycle models / patterns based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Manage and develop a multi-disciplined team in the development, delivery and support of Airbus Cyber UK products and systems
- Determine the overall architecture processes required to achieve technical and programmatic objectives applying broad knowledge of systems engineering
- Application of architecture, design and systems engineering approach and execution of key systems engineering activities
- Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated
- Instil System Design and Thinking into the Airbus Cyber UK organization
- Lead a technical team in support of project objectives, structuring work of others and reviewing output
- Drive change management activities in compliance with business process to manage system level change/defect requests
- Drive technical excellence within the community & mentor less experienced engineers
- Performing one or more of key systems engineering (e.g. requirements engineering, system design, and/or operation and support) and/or systems engineering management processes
- Anticipate and escalate major problems with appropriate business and professional discipline staff
Skills and Experience
- Practical knowledge of MBSE, MBE, AGILE, DEV OPS and NPI.
- Experience working with or for NCSC and or similar environment with working experience of associated secure environment.
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities.
- Management of delivery plans.
- Ability to create and lead multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to synthesise information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions.
- The applicant is expected to hold, as a minimum, a degree (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering-related discipline
- Experience in an appropriate system engineering environment.
- Applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have undertaken structured engineering training recognised by a professional body and have extensive engineering experience will be considered.
- Applicants are expected to have gained or be working towards professional registration e.g. Chartered Engineer.
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process.