Our client is one of the most iconic creative communications agencies in the UK. A company founded on the mindset of bringing the seemingly impossible to life, through extraordinary creative thinking, audacity, optimism, inclusivity, and energy. Their client list includes some of the UK´s biggest brands.The Role
They are now seeking a Data Analyst to work in a team where data is considered an art form in itself, used to inspired creative ideas, enable experiences, and improve outcomes through robust, evidence-based findings. You will work closely with the team of data scientists to enable campaign executions with better audience segmentation and targeting.
A role where you will help turn data-driven creative ideas into reality.
The role involves:
- Data mining search and social data, as well as other open, scraped, and licensed data, providing insights to help planning teams make informed strategy and implementation decisions for great outcomes
- Structuring a conceptual problem into an approach which can utilise data to help address it
- Data wrangling, data quality checks, data profiling, modelling, and visualisation for storytelling
- Presenting results and implications to planners, account managers, creative teams, and clients
- Testing strategic and creative hypotheses using robust data methods, including:
- how results are best measured, tested, and optimised
- identifying new inspirational sources of structured and unstructured data from search, social, audio visual or linguistic data, etc
- investigating emerging technologies that use data for driving consumer experiences
- how data can be used in creative ideas and storytelling
- Creating and updating BI reporting dashboards, which help teams monitor and improve campaign performance
- Working on data integrations alongside the data scientists, to drive audience segmentation and targeting
You will have a passion for creativity, a curiosity about the world and a self-starting, can-do attitude. Being a lateral thinker is crucial, able to produce new, creative, and innovative solutions to problems.
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track-record of taking a brief from clients and senior internal stakeholders, communicating how data can help and crafting a response that meets their needs
- A keen interest in the data sciences (including machine learning / artificial intelligence), but specifically how you could apply these cutting-edge methods and technologies to real creative, strategic, and commercial challenges within the advertising industry
- A proven ability to take a complex or ambiguous problems and, with little guidance, set up a structured approach to investigation. Ideally this would be in applying data strategy, data analysis, and/or data science skills to business problems
- Developed data skills in visualization, coding, or statistical analysis either through a formal education programme (such as, but not exclusively a university course) or in a previous role, including experience using social, web, and search data
- You will have some experience with the following tools & methodologies:
- Social listening (including Netbase)
- Audience segmentation (including TGI and GWI)
- Search (including Google Trends, Google AdWords, SEM Rush)
- Data manipulation & visualisation (including Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Marketing intelligence platforms (including Mintel, WARC, IPA)
A company that genuinely strives to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
The role offers hybrid working arrangements, a starting salary of £35k pa and a full range of benefits, as well as great personal and career development.