Currently Working in the UK? Looking to move to a sunnier climate? Come join our team here in Malta!!
The purpose of this role is to become a public key infrastructure subject matter expert while taking responsibility for information technology security, and compliance for the epassports and eid cards.
The successful candidate will have broad information security and risk experience, with an IT background, a high degree of professionalism, a friendly and collaborative demeanor, strong verbal, written and organizational skills, and a willingness to become a public key infrastructure subject matter expert.
Who are we?
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places, and things, allowing people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely.
The Citizen Identity Solutions (CID) Business Area focuses on delivering complex, scalable and future proof government ID programs , empowering local government and partners within the citizen identity market,securing major customers in the industry.
CID support more than 60% of the worlds government ID programs, including ID card programs, Issuance solutions deployed and system integration projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Advising the operations team on IT and Information Security matters, contributing to solution design as necessary
- Information security control effectiveness evaluations and recommendations
- To perform the security officer trusted role as per the trusted role procedure and associated terms of reference, the holding of credentials, and participating in renewal ceremonies etc.
- Perform vulnerability and compliance scans
- To become a public key infrastructure subject matter expert (SME)
- To become an eIDAS SME
- To be fully conversant with the information technology platforms, software, network design and hardware as detailed in the relevant contracts.
- To be responsible for security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines across the networks and environments and to be fully conversant with routine controlled activities.
- To continuously assess and mitigate both IT and information security risks
- Prepare for and lead internal audits
- Prepare for and support independent external audits
- To ensure correct evidence for assurance and auditing is collected and controlled.
- Feed into the Release, Control and Validation process for new software and hardware introduced into the live environment via the formal CR process.
- Travel as required to perform internal audits and inspections at various sites (domestic and abroad).
- To own the DRP planning and associated testing, ensuring in the event of a disaster we are able to rebuild and recover the system/services within the contracted timeframes.
- Help lead and manage completion of the ISO 27001 implementation and ongoing recertification
- Auditing and reporting on all aspects of Information Security related to UK and Malta sites
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to create information security awareness within the organization
- Monitor compliance with the organizations security policies and procedures among employees, contractors and other third parties and take corrective action where necessary
- Monitor advancements of relevant Information Security technologies and threats
- Help define, participate, monitor and when necessary lead global security incident response functions
- Generate reports and executive summaries of various information security related metrics or risk assessments
- Perform reviews of third parties to identify risks and potential remediation
- Generate reports and executive summaries of third party assessments
- To collaborate with colleagues outside of own sphere of business, sharing best practice.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in information security risk and compliance
- Familiarity with Information Security Management Systems, control frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST CSF) and related risk assessment methodologies
- General knowledge of enterprise network and systems architecture concepts and technologies, including but not limited to enterprise directory, enterprise integration architecture, identity and access management
- CISM / CISA / CISSP Qualifications beneficial
- Information Technology degree beneficial
- Integrity and professionalism
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Positive attitude and open to share and collaborate in a distributed team setting.
- Good communication skills
- Open to learn and grow
- Able to make decisions amid ambiguity.
- Depth of knowledge and ability to be able to withstand technical challenges on views and understanding regarding IT security and infrastructure design, but also able to incorporate others views and ideas to improve their own understanding and solutions proposed.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel, may be required. Therefore, employee should be able to acquire, a valid US VISA.
- This position is only open to EU residents or candidates who have been living in Malta for at least 5 years.
- Empowerment:You'll work as part of a global team in a flexible work environment, learning and enhancing your expertise.
- Innovation:You embrace challenges and want to drive ambitious change.
- Integrity:You are results-orientated, reliable, and straightforward and value being treated accordingly.
- Fun:You will be part of a team that whilst working hard, also finds the time to celebrate and enjoy working together!
We make it easier for people to get where they want to go!
On an average day, think of how many times you tap, twist, tag, push or swipe to get access, find information, connect with others or track something. HID technology is behind billions of interactions, in more than 100 countries. We help you create a verified, trusted identity that can get you where you need to go - without having to think about it.
When you join our HID team, you'll also be part of the ASSA ABLOY Group, the global leader in access solutions. You'll have 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions - supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally. As we welcome new people on board, it's important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.
Contact Name: HID Global