Data Analytics Senior Manager - Kings Cross London
The Data Analytics team provides information that is accurate, consistent, timely and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
The DA team trains CSI managers and staff to use the data as an analytical tool for the purpose of understanding and option exploration.
- Champion enterprise-wide culture of fact-based decisions, data quality and accountability.
- Serve as the administrative chair facilitating a business data analytics governance council which shall review and approve information policies, data analytics priorities and resource allocations.
- Review and recommend approval for information related policies, procedures and standards.
- Directs, organizes, and leads DA workstream projects.
- Works on highly complex, cross-functional, and enterprise solutions.
- Establishes processes, roles and quality criteria for workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of DA solutions.
- Reviews and approves work plans, timelines, deliverables and resource commitments.
- Reviews and approves data architecture, data models and specifications.
- Establishes and publishes performance metrics and plans for DA service demand and service levels.
- Prepares and manages annual capital and operating budgets for DA assets, personnel and services.
- Recruits, hires, develops and motivates the DA team members.
- Reviews and approves functional requirements and business cases for DA improvements.
- Advises executives on how DA (processes, practices and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimization.
- Aligns DA technologies with CSI strategic initiatives.
- Approves selection of tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
Responsible for strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following DA and DA-related functional areas:
- Data governance
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile)
DA competency center or center of excellence (DA COE)
A university degree in computer science, economics, operations, management, or a related field is required
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Industry/domain skills: Extensive expertise in finance, HR, sales, marketing, product lifecycle management, manufacturing and post-sales service.
- Medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with agile software development.
- A solid understanding of key trends including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
General business skills:
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude expressed with clear, concise written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience managing global, complex projects and teams.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative.
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Strong leadership and consensus building abilities across global cultures and all levels of management.
The salary for this role is expected to be in the range £70K - £85K.
Location is Kings Cross London.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.
Contact Name: jas Gujral