This role is based remotely, with the long-term requirement to work flexibly from one of our Head Offices when required (we have offices based in Southampton, Yeovil and Paddington).
We're Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçta?. We're made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That's right, we're big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And hopefully that's where you come in!
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our amazing new Simulation Team within our Test function here at Kingfisher. In this role you will set overall direction for the Product, balancing the business and customer requirements whilst maximising the capabilities of the technology platforms.
You will identify and forge relationships with business SME's to define detailed execution elaboration of requirements. As a Product Lead for the Simulation Team you will manage and prioritise development backlog in line with business / customer benefit and ROI
- Defines ‘definition of done' at a feature and user story level
- Directs the Simulation product team (third party resources) with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories by balancing technology, business user and customer
- Responsible for the KPIS and usage of the simulation tool and simulators and also able to inspect the products' progress at the end of every Sprint and is able to accept or reject User Stories
- Work with the test leadership team to ensure that there are sufficient budget to deliver the simulation strategy
- You will convey the Vision and Goals for the Product, according to the strategic framework as laid out by the Test Architect
- Lead and demonstrate the product to stakeholders through Show and Tells and gathers feedback, feeding back into the Product Backlog
- A multichannel technology expert with the shown ability to evaluate technical solutions on their business and customer merits, with a particular focus on longevity of solution
- Able to collaborate with both non-technical business partners and technical developers and describe complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Ability to translate strategy into technology solutions and able to understand low level requirements as part of the ‘bigger picture'
- Excellent social skills; appreciation of diversity and alternative views, persuasiveness, collaboration, able to press/challenge whilst maintaining trust and able to present complex analysis in easy to understand formats.
- Tried experience of technology product development
- Worked as an expert or manager in a multichannel or digital background with an in-depth, practical applied knowledge of multichannel technologies
- Practical experience of implementing vendor based multichannel solutions, ideally including payment, fulfilment, browse and search, promotions, marketing, CRM, in-store ordering, contact centre, across multiple devices and interfaces
- You will have experience of working with both on and off-shore development teams
- An understanding of: simulating/mocking services within a testing/development framework, DevOps principles, automated testing and test-driven development.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!
Contact Name: Kingfisher