We're Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçta?. We're made up of 79,000 hardworking people, call 1,302 stores home and operate in 10 countries. That's right, we're big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of -home improvers in the world. And that's where you come in.
The role -
As a EUS Design Specialist you will work in our End User Services (EUS) team, within Infrastructure Services. In this role you will lead the strategy for the collaboration team, and act as the technical lead on any projects, providing oversight and guidance. You'll design and deliver new Technical Services for Kingfisher across a variety of Technical Services that fall under the EUS teams.
- Recognised specialist in the design and delivery of high-quality IT services
- Providing technical governance across Projects, BAU and related SIPs
- Engaging domain/ enterprise architects to achieve programme consistency
- Advising colleagues/ customers of feasibility and risks of potential solutions and support creation of project mandates
- Crafting Infrastructure designs, performing solution evaluation as needed against requirements - balancing requirements, costs and risk
- Peer-reviewing design documents from virtual Design team, finding opportunities for shared platforms/ services, simplification, cost reduction
- Defining detailed activity and resource plans to deliver project outcomes
- Delivering new Technical Services as part of a Project team/ leading 3rd party services, delivery partners and external vendors to deliver solutions
- Being an active campaigner within the IT community, via Yammer, Teams etc.
- Developing of Infrastructure Strategy, IT strategy, roadmaps and standards, engaging product vendors/ maintaining IT/ industry awareness as required
- Delivering service and new technical services in-line with the EUS Core critical metrics
- Supporting our "shift left" initiatives:
- Authoring/ maintaining technical service documentation including Design, DR, SOPs and Work Instructions
- Running handover sessions with off-shore, near-shore and on-site teams to up-skill/ reduce mean-time to resolution for user issues
- Engaging customers and key stakeholders for feedback
- Establishing improvement plans and feeding-back on progress on an ongoing basis, measuring the success of related outcomes
- Driving consistency across all locations through definition and implementation of group standards and processes
- Seeking operational efficiencies / service improvement initiatives both internally and with third-parties
- Credibly communicating challenges, plans and progress, at senior management level
- Ensuring compliance and aiming for "evergreen" services in relation to security
- Extensive experience working in a 3rd-line technical support role
- Experience designing and delivering a variety of Technical Services within a sophisticated Enterprise environment
- Recognised as "SME" for relevant Technical Services relating to the role.
- Proven feedback-driven approach to Service Design and Service Improvement
- Experience working within a large organisation with a globally disparate user-base
- Relevant experience working with managed service providers and third parties
- Technologist attitude - detailed understanding of vendor roadmaps, Kingfisher roadmaps, business/ industry challenges and trends with an ability to translate these into a roadmap/ strategy to develop services
- Key Technical Services: Office 365 (Microsoft Teams, Power Platform, SharePoint, Exchange Hybrid) for Head Office/ Store Colleagues, Meeting Room and Collaboration Technology
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary and employee benefits including -
Company bonus, award-winning pension scheme, discount at B&Q and Screwfix, Bupa healthcare (up to family cover)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can't wait to hear from you!