|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||2nd November|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to operate within Google File Systems. You will be able to use your data engineering, solution architecture and data science skills to deliver the strategy and to become the source of the analysis which is critical to the team gaining a competitive advantage and supporting Jaguar Land Rover's global performance.
The role will require you to work as part of the Global Financial Services team during a time of unprecedented transformation. The Senior Data Engineer will be tasked with supporting the delivery of our 3-year strategic vision to take data from its 40+ partners across 25+ markets and move from a hindsight reporting to foresight predictive analytics.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Identify, design and implement process improvements in data pipelines. Automating manual processes, increasing scalability, reducing run time and optimise cost
* Build analytic tools and solutions to support the business in data-driven decision making and actionable insights
* Producing high-quality code, with production and deployment in mind (version control, automated pipelines, cloud deployment)
* You will be responsible for the implementation of data governance frameworks, operating models, roles, responsibilities, policies and procedures and key metrics
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will possess a strong understanding of Google File Systems and know how to operate Google Cloud Platforms thoroughly.
You will be capable of designing, creating, testing and maintaining data pipelines to support analytics projects. You will have the ability to assemble complex datasets for a range of applications and various teams.
We require an individual with previous experience with working in an Agile project management environment using Scrum. You will have the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium-term planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience working in a team in data analytics, software or database development
* Strong experience with GCP, and corresponding toolsets
* Good knowledge and exposure to Python
* An understanding of Tableau is desirable
* Knowledge of engineering best practices and delivery methodologies