Are you an experienced Flight Software Engineer looking for an exciting new career challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
As Flight Software Engineer you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits, and be responsible for:
- Development and architectural design activities for the flight software on spacecraft
* Derive and maintain software requirements, define software solutions and system architectures.
* Define ICDs, development, and verification plans.
* Design, develop and validate spacecraft flight software, ground software, and
- Coordinating with other teams at sub-system and system level to identify software needs and solutions.
- Supporting definition and generation of ConOps.
- Performing Flight Software verification, validation, and integration.
- Participate in Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
- Support knowledge transfer from teams globally and provide technical review inputs to projects across the organisation.
To be considered for the Flight Software Engineer role, you will need to:
- Have a BSc or MSc in computer science, software engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
- Have experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
- Have experience in using and modifying Board Support Packages.
- Have experience in using design using UML and SysML
- Knowledge of commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, and SpaceWire.
- Have experience in implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions.
- Have experience in developing and implementing test plans for spacecraft.
- Ideally have experience of Linux systems
- Ideally have knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash)
- Knowledge of assemblers for microcontrollers.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.
Contact Name: Belinda Elliott