|Listed on:||8th October|
|Location:||Glasgow or London|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,950 - £46,157|
|Salary Notes:||£30,950 - £42,814 Glasgow / £33,400 - £46,157 London|
Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply. We are playing a vital part in accelerating the transition to Net Zero and a carbon neutral energy system - a goal that everyone wants to achieve. Whatever your role, you'll be playing your part in creating new energy solutions that are great for customers, and great for the environment.
Our Delivery & Schemes Directorate is our delivery arm and manages a number of high-profile environmental programmes. It's a fast-paced and dynamic place to work, and you can expect to be involved in ground-breaking work. Our flexible working career opportunities are incredibly varied, so we are committed to recruiting talented people from a diverse range of professional and personal backgrounds - bringing different perspectives and experiences to our work.
As a Business Analyst you will be part of a high performing and multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for delivering regulatory changes to our environmental schemes. These schemes range from renewables incentives to energy efficiency and social programmes. Using agile methodologies and adhering to Government Digital Standards (GDS) you will support business users through the change process, working at pace and using process maps, wireframes, user stories and appropriate artefacts to support projects' success. It's a highly varied role that involves business engagement, change management, process improvement, requirements engineering and benefits realisation.
You'll be a naturally enquiring person, who wants to fully understand issues and situations to enable you to deliver tailored solutions that meet the needs of service users. This is a role that will suit someone who enjoys the challenge of working through problems and issues. You will already have experience of working in an agile, multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment and be familiar with the software development lifecycle. You ‘ll be accustomed to extensive stakeholder management and engagement and be able to quickly define business needs and appropriate solutions. It's important that you can apply a positive and flexible approach to managing competing demands on your time, so good project management skills are essential.
• Business engagement, change management, process improvement, requirements engineering and benefits realisation.
• Support the process of taking business users through a structured engagement process to deliver their required changes.
• Identify and analyse problems and issues that may affect the successful adoption of change initiatives.
• Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills responsible for ensuring that the team's plans and objectives are achieved.
• Analyse business requirements and user needs to agree user stories and technical specifications and plans, drawing on input from specialist colleagues within the programme.
• Profile projections of volumes of users and transactions for each change and for the pipeline of work as a whole.
• Work in an agile way and to do so closely with colleagues and the agile team.
• Encourage teamwork and communication, especially between Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and IT colleagues.
Please note this is a 12 month FTC.
Ofgem is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of open and fair competition, merit and business need.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
Contact Name: Ofgem
Job ID: 2988199