Remote for now - Osterley 2-3 days a week
25 week initial contract plus extensions
SKILLS TO FOCUS ON:
- Application development experience on building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant microservices using Java in Cloud or container based environment.
- Excellent core Java and Java 8 or Java 11 skills is a must.
- Comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Strong experience of pair programming is must. This will take up 90% of your role.
- Experienced in the use of http libraries for consuming http based web services in an efficient manner
- Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for CI/CD (using Jenkins or similar) and TDD are a must
- Experience using GIT is a must
- Agile development, in particular Scrum and XP
- Experience of Dependency Injection frameworks like Guice or Spring is a must
- Thorough and systematic approach towards troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues is a must
- Must be comfortable using Linux and should be good with common shell commands/scripting
If you feel you are suitable for the role please submit your CV in the first instance.
Contact Name: Experis UK