|Listed on:||5th October|
|Location:||Home Based (with travel to our Leeds office once a month)|
|Salary/Rate:||£45,000 - £50,000|
A Little Bit About Us
Cyber Security Specialists, SEP2, is an organisation providing advanced cyber security services solutions and tech-driven services powered by passionate and honest people.
SEP2 are an award-winning cyber-security specialist, whose success is built on five values:
- Tech Driven
- People Powered
- Committed to Doing Good
Every SEP2 colleague lives these values every day. We have a culture of passionate people who work as a team that will never leave a job incomplete. We believe in giving every member of our team responsibility. We nurture the desire to solve problems at root cause. We encourage continuous improvement.
We're passionate, honest, tech driven, people powered and committed to doing good.
We're here to beat the bad guys and we're here for the long-term.
As we grow and expand, we are now seeking a skilled Senior Cyber SOC Analyst to join our exceptionally talented team.
More about the role:
Specifically, working within the security operations centre, your role will involve:
- Maintain and enhance customer security tooling to improve detective capability
- Influence the build out and continuous improvement of our security operations processes
- Respond to customer requests for security monitoring and recommend/devise detection rules
- Rule creation, log source onboarding, tuning and building response plans/playbooks
- Threat vulnerability management Monitor SIEM systems
- Investigate complex security events and alerts
- Research threats and vulnerabilities
- Helping to support and mentor current Apprentices
We'll offer you the following benefits:
- Salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Flexible holidays and working practices
- Regular company social events
- Continuous training and development
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Eligibility to private medical, company pension and tech schemes
What Will You Need?
To be considered as a Senior Cyber SOC Analyst, you will need:
- At least two years' experience as Cyber SOC Analyst or two years' experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of delivering positive outcomes on a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) technology. This is preferably LogRhythm, but other SIEMs will be considered
- Background knowledge in administering Microsoft Windows Server
- Background knowledge in other IT disciplines (e.g. Public Cloud, Linux, Networking)
- Exposure to, and some experience with, scripting tools such as Powershell, Python or Bash and RESTful API's (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Exposure to data manipulation (e.g. Regular Expression, JSON)
- A "customer centric" attitude, with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical parties effectively
- The ability to build credibility quickly with colleagues and customers
- Some experience with IOT security will be an advantage
Other organisations may call this role Cyber Security Analyst, SOC Analyst, or Cyber Analyst.
We started out in Leeds as an organisation built to add value and do business the right way. We've grown, we've developed, and we've evolved, we've taken on experts to expand our knowledge base and technical skills, building a portfolio of accreditations and we've developed important relationships with our vendors.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Cyber SOC Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Job ID: 2986802