Field IT Technician (x2 Vacancies)
Excelsior Multi Academy Trust is a growing Trust within the Education sector, looking to add an IT Field Technician to our friendly MAT team. You will be a big part of our future plans and will be involved with supporting multiple schools, helping to deliver expert levels of software and hardware support. This is a really exciting time to be part of Excelsior MAT as it will allow you to grow from within and help to progress yourself and the Trust forward.
Who we are:
Driving Equality, Innovation & Aspiration. We are an education academy trust brand with a vision to ensure that all our schools are: outstanding beacons of equality, where pupils succeed in a safe, innovative and vibrant learning community.
Our values are:
Aspiring from the start - Where ambition begins on Day One
Ensuring equality for all - Equality - First, Foremost, Forever
Succeeding together - Alone you're good. Together we're amazing
Engaging learning - Unlocking minds every day
2.0 JOB PURPOSE
- Support the Strategic IT Manager in the development of a high-quality IT support service.
- Work with the Strategic IT Manager to ensure that the IT systems across the Trust are available for use by staff and students, kept secure, and running efficiently.
- To contribute to the development of coherent IT policies and procedures across the Trust and apply them consistently
3.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the ICT network, installations of peripherals and software; restoring faults, replace consumables, updating software, running regular backups, ensuring software licences are updated and setting up new equipment
- Detect, diagnose and resolve software, basic computer, server and peripheral device faults. Interpret diagnostic information, prioritise resolutions and determine if external support is required.
- Follow a schedule of ICT maintenance activities across the schools, making amendments as appropriate for additional tasks/requests.
- Support data integrity within the MAT.
- Make suggestions for improvement and efficiency as appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of ICT software & licences in schools. Assist with the security of equipment and asset labelling as necessary.
- Record loans of ICT equipment. Perform regular maintenance and updates on the Chromebook trolleys and iPad charging stations. Keep a log of the types of faults fixed and investigated to refer to if similar errors/faults reoccur.
- To assist with the update of the website content when needed
- To be responsible for the inventory systems, production of ID tags and the set and maintenance of all staff licenses and email addresses in the cloud solution
- With support from the Strategic IT Manager, take the lead on specific smaller IT projects or aspects of larger projects.
- Assist the Strategic IT Manager with larger IT projects across the Trust.
- Assist the Strategic IT Manager with development and maintenance of accurate documentation of systems, processes, and common tasks as well as a knowledgebase for common faults.
- To ensure the schools and associated IT systems are fully compliant with GDPR and any associated data protection laws. This includes maintaining up to date records of backups, recovery checks, licenses etc, data mapping and risk management
- Assist staff with the adoption of positive approaches to cyber-security through measures such as good password hygiene, appropriate use of secure systems, and use of multi-factor authentication.
- Deploy and monitor security software such as antivirus and encryption products through the Trust MDM.
- Work with the Strategic IT Manager to develop and deliver staff training and awareness campaigns focused on cyber-security and other IT products used in the Trust
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed for granting and maintaining access to systems and IT resources.
5.0 OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Request support from the Strategic IT Manager where appropriate.
- Work with the Strategic IT Manager to develop your own knowledge and skills.
- Undertake the necessary training associated with the post.
- To ensure all tasks are carried out with due regard to Health and Safety
- To undertake appropriate professional development including adhering to the principle of performance management.
- To adhere to the ethos of the MAT
- To promote the agreed vision and aims of the MAT
- To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- Attendance at appropriate staff meetings
- Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of IT across the schools
- Willingness to work at and travel across to and between schools in the Trust as and when required.
The above list is indicative and not exhaustive. The Field Technician is expected to carry out all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.