ABOUT RAMBERT GRADES
ambert Grades is a new holistic training programme, promoting transferable skills, and developing the whole individual. At the heart of Rambert Grades qualifications is passion for the artform, creativity, technical training, and individual performance style. Our syllabi content can be achieved by a wide range of learners, disabled and non-disabled bodies, those with a dance background or new to the art form. It inspires creativity and encourages dancers to make choices and develop their own interpretation of movement.
The Rambert Grades syllabus has three pillars:
- Performance, including original solo material from leading choreographers
- Creativity, to encourage self-development and a sense of self enterprise
- Technique, to support students' dancing.
Developed by a leading team of experts from Rambert and Rambert School with some of the most dynamic and relevant voices of contemporary dance in the UK - including material devised for the syllabus by Hofesh Shechter, Alesandra Seutin and Benoit Swan Pouffer. Rambert Grades is a new benchmark in contemporary dance training and education where examination is just part of a journey that enables and develops talent.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
This newly-created and key role in the Rambert Grades team will spearhead our application development processes and support the maintenance of our existing apps. The post holder will be required to design and code functional programs and applications. The role involves working closely with all members of the Rambert Grades team and with colleagues across the parent organisations, Rambert School and Rambert, particularly with technical and marketing colleagues. The post holder will report to the Director of Rambert Grades.
Overview of the Role
- To provide digital development services, leading and undertaking web-based project activities and supplying expertise to the Rambert Grades on digital, web and business areas as required.
- To ensure that the Rambert Grade's IT systems are developed, maintained and operated in such a manner as to maximize the benefits to users, the Rambert Grades and its customers.
- To contribute to corporate initiatives such as building roadmaps for web-based solutions within Rambert Grades.
- To support the development and maintenance of a broad range of applications, in particular, the growing digital platform, both for web and mobile.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Grades workflow
- Developing and incorporating new steps into the workflow to help streamline existing and new processes
- Build software that fulfils the specific needs of the business
- Find solutions to security threats, viruses, or errors that might hinder the performance of applications
- Build and maintain both web and mobile applications for our organization
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure applications align with the organization's goals, as well as consumer needs
- Carry out regular security and performance checks
- Remain current on technology trends to keep our software as innovative as possible
- Stay on track of the application lifecycle to ensure necessary updates are completed on time
- Understand organisation requirements and how they translate in application features
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Represent Rambert Grades at meetings and events.
- Attend meetings, training, and events outside normal working hours.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
Display an active and committed engagement with all policies and procedures including, health and safety, safeguarding policies, GDPR, licensing and equality, diversity and inclusion.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of this position. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and does not form part of the contract of employment.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, programming, or a related field, or proven experience (professional or otherwise) as an application developer
- Experience creating applications or other types of software
- Proficiency with project tracking software, such as Jira
- Experience using com, Memberspace (or similar) and Squarespace
- Experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate people and projects.
- Good IT skills, with competence in using MS Office and CRM databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and efficiently
- Strongly detail-oriented with an ability to quickly identify and solve programming errors
- Deep understanding of core programming principles, including design
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- A creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- A Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, programming, or a related field
- Experience of working in a dance or arts learning and/or community setting.
- Knowledge of the English education system.
- Certification in application development
- Project management experience
Contact Name: Grace Campbell