|Listed on:||20th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£13 - £13|
|Start Date:||2021-09-20 12:51:08|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Company client is looking for a contract 2 x Procurement Officers for contact positions for our client who is based in Deeside, Flintshire.
RATE OF PAY£13.42 Per Hour - PAYE
This role is deemed Inscope of IR35
To provide commercial procurement/purchasing contract solutions in support of the clients businesses in accordance with all MoD, Government and European procurement policies/legislation.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
1. Comply with all current MoD, government & European procurement legislation, ensuring all quality procedures and relevant International Regulations are adhered to (ITAR).
2. Ensure transactional activities are being performed on the appropriate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and all activities within the team are carried out in accordance with the clients business systems and KPI’s.
3. Procure goods and services using authorised and internal credit card procedure within the delegation level granted to the role, maintaining monthly credit card log, reconciliation of spend and report to Finance.
4. Obtain best value for money for purchases undertaken by utilising existing frameworks and testing the market for prices.
5. Advise & support the Business in its procurement needs using the appropriate strategy and producing associated reports.
6. Create pricing structures and assess impacts for the business.
7. Manage the tender process and associated activities, including assessment of the tender pack as required and to present findings.
8. Input order placement onto the business ERP system and associated activities as required.
9. Maintain and develop supplier relationships, activities such as pricing, resolving invoice queries, delivery issues etc.
10. Write, manage and oversee procurement contracts on behalf of the business
11. Manage and support ad-hoc projects required, sourcing suppliers for required tasks.
12. Investigate and resolve invoice queries and advise finance department.
13. Understand scope requirement to support with bid development, procurement input and to attend meetings.
14. Monitor and manage spend to assess year on year savings in contracts.
15. Drive continuous improvement and implement any process improvements utilising the knowledge and skills within the team.
16. Develop & maintain productive working relationships with the wider team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience and understanding of business practices and business systems
• Ability to follow defined business processes
• Experience of procurement systems and tools
• Negotiation, project management & financial analysis
• Interpretation of quotations and tender pricing against set criteria
• Knowledge of EU legislation and regulations
• Competent IT skills including Microsoft products, internet
INTELLECTUAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
· Ability to work indepently planning and managing own workload, reporting to supervisor
· A level of decision making required to test the market and processes to use
· Ability to be proactive and reactive to situations
· A level of problem solving for any potential issues with orders, tight deadlines etc.
· Stay up to date with relevant legislation and apply to situations
COMMUNICATION DEMANDS OF THE JOB
· Various forms of communication required with both internal customers and external suppliers by email, telephone, face-to-face.
· Attending meetings on site and occasionally at other locations
· Interaction with all levels of business
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· CIPS status or equivalent such as NVQ 4 in purchasing or willingness to work towards within an agreed timeframe
· Must have previous experience in a commercial environment
Position 1- This is to cover maternity leave which is expected to be from Oct 2021 to Sept 2022
Position Role 2 - This position will be from Oct 2021 to Mar 2022
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.