Senior Project Manager (Change)
Location - London
Daily rate - £575/day PAYE £737/day Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 8 Months+
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team as part of natural growth within the department. The Global Risk function comprises c. 7,000 FTE across the Risk functional areas of Financial Risk (Wholesale Market & Credit Risk, Global Risk Analytics and Retail Credit Risk) and Enterprise Risk (Operational Risk, Resilience Risk, Risk Strategy), supporting the Global Businesses (RBWM, CMB, GBM and GPB).
This scale requires a high level of oversight and management, therefore necessitating the development of COO and Transformation teams within Global Risk.The Global Risk Transformation area supports the Risk function in driving transformational activity by managing a change portfolio of programmes which underpin the delivery of the re-engineering of Risk to improve its cost and risk profile, operating efficiency and service quality. In addition, the Risk Transformation area oversees regulatory programmes and other significant change programmes.
This Senior Project Manager role is part of the team leading the bank's Risk 2025 programme. Risk 2025 is a global transformation programme that will deliver the long term vision for the Risk Function, migrating it to leading practices and capabilities whilst improving its efficiency and effectiveness.The role specifically sits within the Governance, Empowerment, Accountabilities and Reporting (GEAR) workstream (GEAR) as part of the Risk 2025. The GEAR workstream is tasked with enabling individual decision-making and simplifying processes. We will focus on streamlining governance structures and risk policies and procedures while empowering individuals to exercise their authority appropriately. By improving efficiency, the bank's Risk professionals will be able to focus on active, holistic risk management, while ensuring we continue to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Plan, mobilise and direct projects of high complexity and scale from project definition to closure.
- Be responsible for the end to end planning and delivery of one or more projects proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, team, outcomes and benefits.
- Be responsible for deploying Global Transformation Project Management Framework and other Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) within their project.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure alignment of their project with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
- Play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on.
- May also have line or assignment management responsibility for a group of more junior resources
- Ensure projects and programmes adhere to regulatory requirements, Group policies and standards and minimise general risk to the Group
- Oversee the establishment of the project/programme performance metrics and reporting process, ensuring sponsors receive the right information at the right time regarding project/programme performance
- Implement quality framework for Global Risk
- Implement processes to ensure programme and projects are adequately resourced to ensure success
- Provide senior executive level updates to provide accurate, timely and insightful analysis of the progress of the change initiatives, the impact on the business and intervention where necessary
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan
- Plans and analyses costs, tracking operating and capital spend, and tracks reporting to financial business case commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of organisational planning, resource mobilisation and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Excellent understanding of the client's Business Transformation Framework.
- Strong communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor's degree / equivalent experience and the role holder will have professional qualifications in Project Management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Proven capability as a Senior Project Manager in delivering large complex programmes
- Excellent track record in programme delivery, typically in both execution and coordination roles
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on [Telephone number removed] /
Contact Name: ismail ismail