Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover Ireland
£28,360 - £44,690
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The main purpose of this role is to support the complete life cycle of new/modified software product, from research and design to implementation, training and support in the cloud.
The individual will work with lead engineers to write and modify programmes; testing code; diagnosing faults in software; and designing programmes to solve those faults. All these tasks typically involve a detailed and meticulous problem-solving process. To work within an Agile and Scrum manner to focus on incremental delivery of platform components and capabilities, with early feedback input required from both colleagues and stakeholders.
Key Performance Indicators
* Velocity, the amount of work (several features) completed within a sprint.
* Cycle time metric describes how much time was spent on a task, including each time the work had to be reopened and completed again.
* Code quality, the quality of the software and/or service.
* Writing simple code, with clear intent to other developers and the machines running the systems. One metric of code simplicity is cyclomatic complexity, this measures the number of independent paths your code might have to take - the fewer, the better.
* Writing scalable code, refers to creating changes to the product that don't harm the rest of the business.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* 3+ Years of software development industry experience
* Knowledge of object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
* Experience in analysing data while developing solutions to problems
* Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Working experience with Unix/Linux
* Experience in scripting languages such as bash
* Experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable systems
* Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
* Experience with cloud technologies and initiatives
* Experience developing microservices
* Experience with one or more message brokers Kafka, NATS, HiveMQ or RabbitMQ
* Experience with managing distributed systems and or IOT devices