Telecoms Field Engineer - PBX / Telephone Systems
£28,000 - £35,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you an experienced telecoms installation engineer? Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Are you looking for a company you can develop and progress with?
This employer are Gloucestershire's leading provider of NEC, Panasonic and Samsung telecommunications. They are equally as proud of their employees who have helped them to become one of the best in the west.
They are currently looking for a Telecommunication's Engineer to join their team and manage installations on customer sites in the South West / Midlands of England.
What will you be doing?
- Attending customer sites to conduct site surveys and install PABX / hosted telephony systems and associated connectivity services (Broadband, Leased lines, WIFI solutions etc.)
- Identifying and overcoming challenging fault situations.
- Working with the voice/data technical support team.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and communication to all customers.
- Working in Gloucestershire and surrounding counties.
- Carrying out testing and commissioning of equipment and services.
- Maintaining Wi-Fi networks, data networks and telecommunications equipment.
- Sharing information and ensuring documentation is up to date, correct and in line with provisioning standards
- Working to company ISO9001, ISO22301 and ISO27001 standards.
What are they looking for?
- Experience in a similar field based engineering position
- Strong customer service skills, specifically face to face
- Experience with VOIP, Panasonic or Samsung or NEC Telephony, Connectivity solutions (network + Wi-Fi)
- Training available to convert to NEC 2100 and NEC 9100 systems.
- Experience with door entry systems (video, audio, wired, wireless, DECT, GSM)
- Experience with Hosted solutions, broadband and leased lines.
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication
- Someone flexible and adaptable to support the wider department
- English as native language.
- Full & clean UK driving License is essential.
It would be a bonus If you had:
- IT/Networking/Telecoms professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience installing NEC 2100 and NEC 9100 systems.
- Cat 5 / Cat 6 cabling experience
What are they offering?
- A competitive salary with opportunities to increase as you develop
- 23 days holiday in addition to official Bank Holidays, rising by half a day for each year of service
- Subsidised gym and spa memberships
- Entry level
- Information Technology and Services
- Information Technology