HS Environmental Specialist
£30 p/hour PAYE/ Umbrella
My client is seeking an Environmental Specialist to join their busy team for 12 months. The successful candidate will report directly to EHS and Facilities Management, Compliance Leader. Working with site leadership and all operations, will maintain 100% compliance with EHS laws, regulations and procedures, provide EHS advice and technical expertise, promote and maintain a safe working environment and culture.
The Environment, Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the overall implementation of the Company's Environmental, Health and Safety Framework:
- Lead on-site an Environmental Management and Compliance Program covering PPC Permits; Risk Assessments; Training; Legislative changes and liaising with regulatory agencies
- Manage waste on-site and drive waste minimisation initiatives.
- Manage PPC Permit including submission of monitoring data and solvent usage figures, ensuring zero non-compliances.
- Responsible for on-site wastewater compliance including the overseeing of Effluent Treatment Plant operations managed by on-site contractors.
- Lead on-site chemical management program including COSHH, DSEAR, Risk Assessment, and Chemical Storage Auditing.
- Take leading role in driving energy / greenhouse gas / cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in developing established pro-active environmental, health and safety programs for accident and injury prevention.
- Develop environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing management and employee EH&S responsibilities and performance measures.
- Participate on and provide guidance to the EHS program improvement team(s).
- Conduct site inspections and assist in program evaluations.
- Evaluate new plans, processes, and equipment prior to their purchase/use at the facility - particularly from an environmental standpoint.
- Lead Environmental Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Evaluate the Environmental, H&S Framework Elements on an annual basis.
- Implement and update GE Powersuite Tools (GE digitised reporting medium)
- Lead Incident Investigations whenever required.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing development of the Safety Risk Analysis /Industrial Health Risk Assessments
- Participate in Management meetings.
- Coordinate employee environmental health and safety training programs.
- Assist in implementing programs for the recognition, evaluation and control of physical and chemical hazards.
- REACH Site Focal point
- Degree in Environmental Management , Chemistry & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Health & Safety Qualifications to NEBOSH Diploma (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.