Senior Quality Engineer
Coventry Building Society
£44800 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About The Role
This key individual will act as an internal reference point to an agile product delivery team, stakeholders and 3rd parties, they will develop and drive forward innovation in test practices, focusing on optimisation and automation, whilst seeking and implementing continuous improvements and actively ensuring that all testing activities are undertaken in line with internal standards and policies.
This highly experienced and technically proficient Engineer will have an excellent knowledge of testing practices, technologies and processes. This should include experience with automated UI and API testing, with an aspiration to develop our capability for automated performance and security testing.
You'll be responsible for driving the shift-left and devops agenda, with a constant focus on automation through an everything-as-code approach.
Whilst being responsible for the quality of software delivery, this expert will share their knowledge, providing coaching and mentoring to colleagues. You'll ensure strategic goals and wider IT initiatives are achieved.
- You'll be a Subject matter expert / expert in field, experience of researching and implementing new methodologies, tools and approaches to improve personal and / or team performance
- You'll be technically proficient, with proven experience in software Testing, with expert knowledge of testing practices, technologies and processes covering automated UI and API testing, and aspirationally, performance and security.
- You'll have experience of designing and undertaking the testing phase of technically complex IT solutions
- You'll be a strong team player, with excellent communication at all levels of stakeholder
- You'll be a experienced coach / mentor
- And you'll be an advocate for continuous improvements and automation, seeks opportunities and delivers quality outcomes, keeping abreast of the latest technologies and helping to contribute to wider IT Strategy and Goals
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
One of the things we are proud of at Coventry Building Society is our dedication to wellbeing. We understand that you have commitments - be it picking up children, being a carer for someone or a spin class you just can't miss. We recognise the importance of helping you balance your working life with other priorities - whether that's our working from home policy or our flexibility with the working hours in the day. If you want to consider this vacancy but are concerned about the working hours, apply and let's talk about how we may be able to accommodate your needs, whilst making sure we meet our members' needs.