The Senior Web Developer and Digital Designer will work with the Head of Web Development, to understand and plan for strategic institutional and team goals. This role is responsible for leading the technical development, user interface (UI), digital design, and maintenance of the website and related web presence.
Michael Page have teamed up with a fantastic learning institution.
The key responsibilities for the Senior Web Developer and Digital Designer are:
- Proactively develop or commission research and intelligence on digital technology and web development to support the advising of colleagues and senior managers
- Examine the organisation's needs and priorities to develop and maintain a comprehensive and robust capture and analysis of website analytics
- Systematically capture user needs to ensure web services are designed with a user focus
- Support the Head of Web Development in leading of the development, implementation and review of effective web development strategies
- Lead the development of technical proposals and solutions in support of these strategies
- Lead the technical delivery of a programme of digital design, web development, support and end-user training
- Make effective use of relevant project management skills and techniques to deliver this programme of work
- Support the Head of Web Development in providing functional leadership across the website management to help ensure the entire web presence meets the best professional standards, is compliant in terms of accessibility and other considerations.
- Demonstrate industry-leading user interface (UI), digital design, technical digital and web development skills, and set the standard for the Web Development team
- Support the Head of Web Development in the identification of success and/or evaluation criteria for web development and other relevant technical activities
- Coach and guide junior team members to ensure skills and effectiveness of the team remain consistently high
- Evaluate the effectiveness of technical projects and deliverable against objectives, learning lessons and comparing with industry best practice to support the improvement of future work
You are used to solving technical issues and leading thought on design and implementation within a busy team that sits within a non-technical group or wider team. You're ready for your next step where you can use your strategic skills and experience of agile project environments to lead technical thought a team who make a real difference to the world.
£40k + a great benefits package and career progression
Contact Name: Victoria Naughton