IT Systems Administrator
£35000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is a fast growing (SaaS) solution provider based in Basildon, Essex, providing an enterprise class online communication system to various markets.
Their friendly, dynamic and creative team are working with the latest technologies, pushing boundaries to enhance and expand their solution while offering their clients first class support using cutting edge architecture to provide a resilient and robust platform.
About the Role
A great opportunity for a hands-on system administrator with suitable experience to take responsibility for existing production and back-office IT operations, having the ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions to the relevant directors, together with the confidence and skills to implement.
Aspects of the role include:
- Data collection of the critical systems
- Analysing of data and taking actions to ensuring optimal performance of systems
- Managing back-ups/restore and DR/BC systems are tested
- Ensuring related documents are produced and updated
- The windows based production infrastructure includes virtualised servers within a clustered/HA environment, hosted on HP blade servers and FC SAN arrays
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring seamless continuity of all systems. Therefore the role will include system monitoring using a number of tools, system updates, backups, data storage and fault-finding, management of their business continuity strategy, disaster recovering plan and IT security in relation to their contractual obligations.
- Proven hands-on experience is a must with HP blade systems, virtualisation, networks, a genuine understanding and exposure of iLO, SNMP, cluster/HA, Raid and SAN
- Experience with MS Azure
- At an OS/Application level, the candidate must have set-up and managed Window Server 2012+, Active Directory, GPO, Hyper-V, Clustering (including MSSQL), VPN, vLans, DPM, SQL Server, Windows Services and Web Applications (IIS)
- Although not essential, having exposure to security aspects, TSQL or having a BSc/BA or MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field will be a plus
- It would be expected candidates have experience and ability to produce and amend documents on a technical level, taking ownership of any change control requirements
- Attention to detail, logical thought process, ability to understand complex systems
Other benefits include
- Exceedingly competitive salary
- Annual profit share
- Company pension
- 28 days paid holiday (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Friendly, dynamic, creative company
- Great prospects and personal growth
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
To keep staff as safe as possible whilst in the office, they adhere to Covid guidelines which include hand sanitisers, social distancing and staff awareness and training.