Head of Payroll Delivery UK
Location - TBC
Daily rate - £450 - £577/day PAYE/Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 Months
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Head of Payroll Delivery to Join their team on an Interim Basis. This role is less of running/overseeing day to day payroll operations and more supporting on the organisational transformation piece.
- The accurate & timely execution of all Payroll Services sitting in the UK with key focus on customer, service quality, continuous improvement, cost & control.
- Current state scope covers UK payroll processes supporting approx. 41k+ Employees
- Ensuring ongoing adherence to the Global Payroll Strategy & standards, which includes:
- Payroll Service Management
- Payroll Governance & Reporting Standards
- Payroll Risk & Control Framework
- Payroll Key Performance & Risk Indicators
- Local country legal & regulatory requirements (jointly accountable with Onshore Payroll Lead)
- Supporting the UK HR COO with Payroll Organisational Design and execution, in order to drive operational excellence, increased offshoring, productivity, automation and simplification through continuous improvement
- Driving the continued modernization of 'Payroll Delivery' based on industry best practice and methodologies.
- Driving Third Party Supplier management (where utilized) and controls through standardized best practice.
- Championing new ways of working based on continuous improvement and a customer centric approach
- The successful implementation of any change impacting Payroll Services
- Acting as part of the wider HR Services leadership team, to improve Employee experience across all HR Services
- Role holder must ensure that ongoing adherence to the Global Payroll Strategy & Standards and local regulatory compliance is maintained whilst implementing the new system and processes. All future change impacting payroll must be managed robustly to ensure Payroll Services are not disrupted.
- As 'Payroll Delivery' is so dependent on upstream HR processes (e.g. Resourcing & Onboarding / Delivery Services), it is essential that robust working relationships are maintained with these HR service owners to ensure impacts to Payroll are fully understood and are actively managed to ensure no negative impact to pay delivery, accuracy and the customer.
- Current operational approach is market focused with limited sharing between teams. Fundamental change is required to transform the Payroll processes into a truly multi-country payroll delivery team.
- Drive the increased use of data and analytics to drive organizational improvement & effectiveness and enhance the customer experience.
- Managing 2 Payroll Delivery models, in house and outsourced.
- Extensive management experience in UK Payroll, running significantly sized multi-jurisdiction payroll operations (knowledge of SAP EC-Payroll is an advantage).
- Robust Third Party Supplier management experience, performance management, control management & relationship management.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong leadership, analytical, influencing, facilitation and stakeholder management skills across all levels of management.
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks.
- Sound knowledge of LEAN and experience in leading large scale change programmes, re-engineering processes and delivering continuous improvement on a global scale.
- Experienced and detailed understanding of process improvement tools and techniques
- Meticulous level of planning & organizational skills.
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive organizational improvement
- Proven track record in developing people and organizational capability
- Ability to work under pressure in a matrix environment with conflicting demands
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues
- Ability to make considered decisions that protect and enhance the Company's values, reputation and commercial interests.
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information please contact me on?[Telephone number removed] /