Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We have a fantastic opportunity for a UX Designer to join our Digital team within our Head Office in Deeside, near Chester.
Purpose of the role:
The successful UX Designer will have the opportunity to build and evolve new and upcoming eCommerce web sites and applications of Iceland, one of the fastest growing eCommerce operations in the UK, building some of the best online user experiences around.
You will work collaboratively with UX, CRO and product teams in taking a mobile-first approach to create an industry leading customer experience across Iceland's digital properties. You and the team will produce accurate and detailed wireframes, make recommendations for improvements to current customer journey, and become an integral part of any future developments on the site. Your main goal will be to maximise online opportunity by creating the most customer friendly shopping experience possible.
- Working in a growing team to continually improve the shopping experience for our customers
- Developing detailed wireframes, user journeys, high fidelity mock-ups and rapid prototypes to communicate designs and requirements
- Taking a test and learn approach to validate your hypothesis
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions
- Work with closely with other teams to understand business requirements, run workshops and present to stakeholders
- Plan, conduct and analyse user research studies to test hypothesis and identify opportunities for improvement
- Be the advocate for the customer within the business and champion the needs and goals
- 3 years+ in a user experience design or interaction design role
- A strong understanding of A/B testing and familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Content Square
- Expertise in creating user journeys maps, wireframes, and prototypes with a proven ability to work through complex scenarios
- Experience conducting and analysing user research, with a knowledge of remote research tools and methodologies
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a keen ability to synthesise user feedback
- A strong communicator, who can engage effectively with teams and key stakeholders in presenting ideas and best practice solutions
- Experience working with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, InVision, Zeplin.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
Contact Name: Deeside