Finance on The Cloud Business Analyst
Location - London
Rate - Negotiable
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 Months +
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Finance on The Cloud Business Analyst to join their team in the London office.
The Finance on The Cloud Business Analyst will support the analysis, design and delivery stages of the Business Finance and Strategic Planning & Stress Testing part of the programme, with a key focus on the Data aspects of the project. This will cover the definition of detailed business requirements, supporting the solution design process and also being fully involved in the end-to-end change and implementation process (testing and validating the system solution and processes within the operating model). Other key aspects will include data sourcing, analysis and validation, solution functionality validation, report / extract validation, user tooling or automation testing activities, supporting the management of the product backlog and supporting the facilitation of UAT / Dress Rehearsal cycles whilst ensuring that all deliverables adhere to the clients Risk & Control framework.
A significant part of the role is also to ensure the key stakeholders needs are understood and captured in the requirement phase. Stakeholder management at various levels of management and SME is required to be successful as the delivery is based on a new operating model but will need to take into account current processes to ensure smooth transition.
- Work with dynamic plans in a fast-moving environment, continually assessing priorities and progress and adjusting course where necessary, being sure to maintain alignment with other programme workstreams
- Support delivering the activities to enable effective implementation and mitigate risk and issues. (e.g. stakeholder engagement, set up of new teams, training and communication, contingency plan, through to business readiness assessment, roll out and benefits realisation)
- Partner with various programme workstreams, specifically requirements, design and delivery, to enable the transition of programme deliverables from workstreams into business as usual processes
- Partner with the IT to help ensure their contributing delivery responsibilities are successful
- Partner with the Operation, Analytics and TOM team to ensure they are embedded in the business transition activities
- Support the data sourcing leads in developing and validating the required data models and provide pragmatic options for phasing.
- Responsible for data analysis across the business finance landscape in order to provide data requirements for the overall SDI design. This will start with systems and processes supporting UK, but will expand to Global in line with the programme plans.
- Apply some understanding of different test approaches (waterfall, Agile, v-model), tools and techniques to participate in test preparation and execution activities
- Support completion of the implementation entry and exit/sign-off governance. Support the execution of exit deliverables - completion of scripts, completeness of results, exit reports, etc.
- Execute deliverables in alignment with Business Transformation Framework (BTF) standards.
- Support the internal and external audit where required. Ensure the relevant controls are met
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years as business analyst within the financial services industry.
- Experience of being a lead analyst and managing test or BA teams in large complex Programmes within the financial services industry
- Appreciation of financial services industry and business reporting and analysis e.g. Customer and business segmentation.
- Experience in delivering change within a financial services environment and an appreciation of regulatory and compliance imperatives
- Good experience of assessing the potential impacts of change and planning / delivering actions which can be taken to embed change effectively for benefits realisation
- Practical understanding of software development lifecycles and methods, including requirements definition and testing in both waterfall and Agile environments
- Proven management track record in dynamic environments, with the ability to support & direct large teams with diverse backgrounds and skill-sets, both locally and offshore and to maintain a global perspective
- Demonstrated good prioritisation skills and ability to develop options and solutions in order for PMs to manage complex projects which span organisation boundaries
- Strong management, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills including the ability to listen to and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to build consensus among a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Ability to provide SME knowledge in specific area to continuously improve areas of practice
Work is performed in a combination of office and home. Global travel is required on an occasional basis.
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, contact me on [Telephone number removed] /
Contact Name: Carissa Armstrong