|Recruiter:||Schroders Personal Wealth|
|Listed on:||22nd April|
Full-Stack Software Engineer
The newly formed SPW Technology & Engineering function is responsible for building the technology platform to support our new venture. We are entirely in the cloud, taking advantage of powerful commoditised offerings where we can, and building bespoke cloud-native solutions when they can differentiate us from our competition.
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer within our Digital team, you'll report jointly into our Architecture and Engineering team and our Client and Advisor Technology team, in a "guilds and gangs" setup. You'll be responsible for implementing and testing components of our digital client experience platform, and driving forwards our goal of fully automated, cloud-native software delivery that allows us to deliver with speed and true agility.
You'll have worked on modern, scalable and resilient software projects, ideally Internet-facing, and will have a sound understanding of what "good" looks like in an engineering team.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
What we're looking for
· You have extensive experience working with TypeScript, Node.js and React.js, ideally coupled with a headless CMS such as Contentful and with a containerised back end environment using Kubernetes.
· You understand what it takes to design and develop APIs.
· You have an interest in cloud-first and serverless design patterns, and an appreciation of how PaaS offerings can be composed into solution design.
· You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
· You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in software engineering, and how you have tried to implement those practices in previous roles.
· You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
· You appreciate both the importance of development and testing for "non-functional" requirements and, hopefully, why that phrase is in inverted commas!
· You treat operational and monitoring considerations as first class concerns.
· Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
· Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
· Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
· Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
· Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
You belong here
Schroders Personal Wealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, socio-economic background, educational background, or age.
Contact Name: Schroders Personal Wealth
Job ID: 2923340