Our innovation and engineering team is fuelled by the best minds and the most cutting-edge technologies. Here, we work together to solve energy's most complex puzzles. Like innovating to achieve our net zero ambition, building robots to keep our energy landscape safe, and digitising the entire way we work. As a member of our team, you can take the lead on data-driven projects, taking advantage of our extensive data lake to inspire your thinking. You could be building platforms and dashboards, or collaborating across functions to make everyone's lives simpler. And you'll do all this while carving out a career path that's right for you. Challenge your potential. Flex your mind. Imagine the impact you could have.
Job Profile Summary
Principal Product Owner - Responsible for providing highly advanced subject matter expertise for Digital Production & Services through comprehensive use of relevant tools and techniques, driving continuous improvement in systems and processes.
About the role:
- Lead a team of Product Owners acting as a discipline lead
- Leading the Product Owner community of practice
- Act as the main content authority for the product's backlog with full accountability for changes to the Product.
- Prioritize product decisions by balancing value, technical feasibility, usability and viability with the right SMEs and the scrum team
- Set ambitious and clear product strategy in collaboration with the Business PO and communicate it effectively to partners and the team
- Building business cases at the product level and commercial assessment at the feature level to drive return on investment
- Understanding user needs and creating requirements for engineering teams to deliver
- Manage and refine the product roadmap, including management & prioritization of features backlog through rapid feedback cycles
- Integrates usability studies and research into product requirements to improve user satisfaction and ensure the customer-driven design
- Coordinate SME input and manage cross-functional relationships with emphasis on decision-making
- Synthesize diverse perspectives to make quick decisions
- Develop the business roll-out plan with support from the delivery lead and business readiness team and coordinate deployment
- Accountable for product-specific critical metrics and use them as a cornerstone for team focus and priorities
- Simplifying the end-to-end customer journey
- Strong product intuition and user insights
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping and analytics
- Deep knowledge of digital domains/products/journeys
- Experience using techniques like cost-benefit analysis for feature prioritization
- Ambitious self-starter with ethos, but also a standout colleague with a professional presence
- An influencer at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present sophisticated messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
- A creative problem solver who is responsible for guiding by the correct principles for the team to seek solutions and miles stones
- Leads from the front and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn - pushes teams to do the same
- Empowers others to fail, learn, and grow with an experimental approach to drive innovation
- Experience building software systems for industrial customers
- Experience using large scale data to provide value to the users leveraging data science and machine learning technologies
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many other benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact Name: BP