Business Area: IT
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the delivery of large scale, complex initiative's and leading a virtual team who support the successful implementation of the initiatives.
Defining business needs and managing the priority of these via the product backlog within an Agile delivery environment.
Reports To: Lead Delivery Manager
The Day to Day:
- Accountable for E2E IT delivery of Product Roadmap that has been agreed with the business alongside the Portfolio Product /Delivery Managers.
- E2E responsibility for shaping and driving the initiatives forward in adherence to esure'smethodology, governance and budget/resource constraints.
- Ensure delivery is in line with IT architectural framework, Data Strategy and all Business Implementation elements of the programme.
- Work with Platform Services Manager to determine priorities and agree use of resource capacity within the Platform Services area to best meet the business and project needs.
- Evaluation of new change across the initiatives to assess Architectural fit, scale, Service aspects, run costs and impact / dependency on other changes.
- Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplined Agile teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance.
- Contribute to the Sprint planning process across the whole programme and support the Sprints once in progress, across all requirements, development and QA aspects.
- Manage, track and report on initiative budgets to ensure best value is delivered and accurate forecasts can be made
- Ensure successful transition of initiative deliverables to Live Service and support.
- Demonstrate a full awareness of the impact of change on Service and run environments, ensuring all project work and day to day actions take account of these aspects.
- Input into wider resource capacity planning across the discipline.
- Benefits realisation and measurement processes are established with Business Insight and Finance.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and delivery of external partners within the initiative. Escalate to Supplier Relationship Manager as necessary.
We'd Love You to Bring:
- Proven experience of delivering complex business and technical projects using internal and external suppliers in a digital environment.
- Solid experience of using Agile and lean methodologies to build and lead teams, deliver programmes, projects and products.
- Full system lifecycle experience including live service support.
- Must have experience of working as a Delivery Manager on a variety of large/complex projects within an Agile / SCRUM / Dev Ops delivery model.
- Proven experience in managing cross-dependencies and prioritisation.
- Proven experience of managing project budgets, delivering value for money and forecasting need.
- Proven experience of driving continuous, provable improvements and efficiencies in a delivery environment.
- Understanding of strategic mobilisation and benefits.
- Good understanding of software engineering process /tools, e.g. DevOps.
- Technical knowledge of software development gained from either previously being a developer, analyst or tester.
- ICP-DAS (Delivery At Scale) or equivalent Lean-Agile certification
Contact Name: Esure