Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
"Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us." - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
The Data and AI revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture Applied Intelligence is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture's Applied Intelligence practice covers the range of Data and AI skills, from Strategy, Data Science, Data Architecture, AI Engineering and Visual Insights. When combined with Accenture's broader Strategy and Consulting practice, we are able to bring together the unique ability to drive end to end business change through the application of Data and AI.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- At the forefront of the industry, you'll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
- Become an integral part of our Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
- You will be working with famous brands and household names - no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
In this role you will:
- Understand client requirements and defining them as architectural models
- Support end-to-end design of data and data platform architectures, using architecture blueprints
- Support the development and delivery into production of data architecture, coaching delivery teams during delivery using a variety of methodologies
- Analyse and resolve architectural problems, working closely with engineering, data science and operations teams
- Provide technical architecture assessments
- Provide best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns for use across data engineering and architecture communities
- Communicate and provide guidance to senior client leadership and teams
- Contribute data and platform architecture expertise to new sales activities
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Solid understanding of key architecture concerns such as availability, scalability, operability and maintainability
- Knowledge of and experience of the application of modern architecture principles and patterns
- Hands-on experience in development, deployment and operation of data technologies and platforms such as:
- Integration - APIs, micro-services and ETL patterns
- Execution Paradigm - low latency/Streaming, batch and micro batch processing
- Data platforms - Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka etc.) and Data Warehouse (Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery etc.)
- Languages and scripting: Python, Java etc
- Cloud Services - AWS, GCP, Azure and Cloud Native
- Analytics and ML tooling - Sagemaker, ML Studio
- Visualisation Tools - PowerBI, Tableau
- DevOps - Ansible, Jenkins, ELK
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Orchestration - Airflow, Step Functions, Ctrl M etc.
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, Security and Compute Optimization
- Knowledge of Data Migration techniques and processes is desirable
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to successfully communicate with clients and senior leaders to understand/explain business requirements and data engineering strategy.
- Mastery of working on large-scale software projects, including use of Agile methodologies
- Proven history of understanding client requirements and defining them as architectural models
What's in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days' vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries " powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.