Avanade UK is looking to hire an experienced and dynamic Unified Communications Consultant to join our growing Infrastructure Consulting team.
This role is permanent and full time. Travel is an integral part of this position; you must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. Although not frequent, this could also involve international assignments.
About the role
As a member of Infrastructure Consulting, you will be part of our client facing team and play an active role in delivering infrastructure and cloud solutions to our customers.
- You will naturally have a strong foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies
- You will be able to demonstrate good skills for enterprise voice deployment skills, preferably including deployment / configuration /design for Session Border Controllers
- You will be able to demonstrate prior experience and subject matter expertise in large scale desktop transformation and deployment projects (2000+ seats) where organizations have deployed Microsoft based UC solutions
- You will come from a customer facing background with project delivery experience
The key areas and technologies will show strong experience in are:
Working knowledge of designing and implementing one or more Microsoft Unified Communications Family products:
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365
- Skype for Business Online
- Skype For Business 2015 / 2019
- Lync Server 2010 / 2013
- Exchange Server / Exchange Online
- SharePoint / SharePoint Online
Other desirable UC related technologies:
- Development of Unified Communication strategy to address the business requirements and associated delivery roadmaps encompassing all key dependencies
- Enterprise Voice implementation experience, as either the primary Telephony platform or integration with existing PBX infrastructure
- VoIP and Telephony infrastructure design and/or implementation experience
- Edge Services implementation for external or mobile client access and Federation
- SIP telephony
- Network configuration
- Expertise in any of the following areas is also highly desirable:
- Microsoft Certified Session Border Controllers, for example AudioCodes, Ribbon
- Microsoft Certified End Points, for example Plantronics, Poly, AudioCodes
- Integration with legacy telephony PBX systems, for example Avaya, Cisco, Mitel
- Integration with Video Conferencing platforms, for example Cisco, LifeSize, Polycom
- Integration with periphery software solutions including CRM and Contact Center systems
Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Employee Share Purchase Plan, Private Medical Cover, Car Allowance, 33 weeks full pay maternity leave, 2 weeks paternity leave, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, STI Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- A dedicated Career Advisor to coach you and support your progression within the company
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in your growth
- A genuine focus on you as an individual - we help you discover your true potential and support you in growing your career and horizons.
- 12-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year.
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology.
- 90-plus Microsoft partner awards.
- 18 Gold Competencies.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business, and industry expertise to create solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 38,000 digitally connected people across 26 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.