Payroll Manager - Colleague Services
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
A new & exciting Payroll Management opportunity to join an excellent company who strive to maintain a healthy team. Offering great benefits and flexibility
Responsible for the consistent delivery of all payroll activities ensuring strict compliance with all relevant government rules and regulations. Act as Lead for the Payroll Team, with a focus on developing both processes and behaviours to support overall People Strategy, colleague experience and Payroll compliance.
Articulate and demonstrate what good looks like in terms of both service excellence and effective operational delivery of current legislation. Draw upon own experience and industry practice, whilst aligning to expectations articulated through People Strategy.
* Provide day to day management of workloads, provide subject matter advice to coach and lead the team, improving capabilities within team - Utilising experience of Payroll knowledge and skills, leadership coaching, and other relevant knowledge.
* Establish and implement policy for regular tracking, monitoring and reporting of workloads and quality of outputs to continuously improve Payroll Service elements and performance.
* Own process management to ensure best practice and legally compliant approaches that are consistently applied and understood.
* Perform the appropriate agreed activities required to maintain the new operating model, adhering to any specialist strategies and policies relating to this piece of work e.g. data management, process documentation, testing, transformation of agreed payroll solution to Oracle and training.
* Work in partnership with Finance, Treasury, Tax and Reward to ensure full compliance and company reporting relating to employee data, pay review, bonus and benefit choices as well as monthly oversight of salary & pension payments, HMRC accounts, GL reconciliation and pensions account.
Corporate Governance Accountabilities
* Support implementation of the vision, values, and strategic priorities so that we meet our objectives.
* Ensure appropriate governance around decisions, risks and issues within areas of accountability, and escalate these where appropriate.
* Advise and contribute to Payroll policies and processes.
* Support 1st line of defence activities for Payroll and liaise with 2nd & 3rd line stakeholders to deliver compliance with legislation.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge
CIPP qualified or equivalent
* Extensive understanding of payroll processes
* Competent in risk reduction techniques, definition, measurement, analysis, implementation and controls
* Strong ability to focus on quality control
* Ability to manage and develop a team
* Ability to challenge and Influenced
* Management of operational teams in Payroll
* Understanding of Payroll operations
* Process improvement / LEAN experience
* Experience across all payroll processes, including Pensions
* Experience of working with third party providers, e.g. Pensions, Flexible Benefits
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please dont hesitate and apply