|Listed on:||1st April|
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
You're an inquisitive technologist, interested in how things work and how you can make them better. You enjoy reading code and fully understanding the environment in which it runs, from the network stack to the back-end storage layers and everything in between. You're interested in building tools that help your fellow developers work better and release faster. You've developed using a variety of technologies, with experience of a Ruby, Java or Python a keen interest in learning new programming languages and tools. You will have worked with AWS, Docker, NoSQL and SQL datastores, CI/CD systems and will have done some system administration in your past. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
It is paramount that you have had experience with Ruby, Java or Python.
The Senior Software Engineer position will be responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage's business plans and long-term objectives, including the delivery of software at scale and pace. The Senior Software Engineer will assume ownership in the design, development and delivery of high-quality products and/or systems and services that improve the performance, scalability, reliability and testability of our cloud-based suite of software products.
• Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical solutions
• Take technical ownership of functions/features or services as defined by the development team
• Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
• Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services.
• Seek out and act upon feedback.
• Other mentoring and coaching to junior members of the development team.
• Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards.
• Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
Contact Name: Josh Walker
Job ID: 2915479