Role: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Canary Wharf, London OR Birmingham
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £430 - £530/day PAYE
£600 - £750/day Umbrella
Global RBWM Retail Credit Risk manages Credit Risk associated with Retail lending products (Mortgages, Credit Cards, Loans and Overdrafts) for all countries our client operates in. The function is supported by several hundred analytics professionals engaged in reporting, modelling and data manipulation. As a result there are significant challenges to the effective management of data within the function requiring close cooperation with partners in RBWM and Finance.
The Retail Credit Risk (RCR) Data Team is seeking a Business Analyst to support to support delivery of Data projects at Global and Regional levels. A data strategy is being implemented consisting of MI and Data focused projects supporting business and regulatory requirements, with a goal of moving significant processes to Cloud.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of the RCR Data Management function and will be actively involved in the definition of business requirements, global data strategies and implementation activities. There is also a key requirement to ensure compliance against regulatory driven data requirements including BCBS 239 and the Data Management FIM.
- The successful candidate is expected to have a good working knowledge and delivery experience preferably within a Banking MI and Data Risk systems environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with other teams, some of which may be geographically distributed.
- Proven problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business and technical domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of the reporting approaches to Risk Management Information. Experience of large global system infrastructure projects a business change environment and good understanding of data infrastructure and architecture would be an advantage. The latter may include exposure to solution or enterprise architecture.
- Experience of process re-engineering and process management
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality, business data architecture and management principles and processes.
- Knowledge of "Big Data" & Cloud concepts and architecture an advantage
- Experience in SQL, SAS, R and Python is preferred
- Experience in working with IT architects, ETL developers and data analysts
- Pragmatic decision making capability. Structured and disciplined approach with good attention to detail, this role will require a hands on approach required and willingness to take personal accountability. This will require strong analysis skills and structure to effectively apply solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Forward looking and business oriented with ability to operate effectively against uncertainty and on unfamiliar ground
- Communicate openly and honestly. Advanced oral, written and visual communication and presentation skills - the ability to communicate efficiently at a global level is paramount.
- Ability to deliver materials of the highest quality to management against tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- The candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Act with courageous integrity in decision making
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance
Contact Name: Ben McRae