Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We are looking for a Marketing IT Support Analyst to support the Retail & Marketing IT Team with Technical Support & Management of Marketing related IT solutions as well as to provide specific support around key projects.
Purpose of Role:
To assist the Retail & Marketing IT Team with the administration and support of Customer Data including GDPR related queries which may include the removal of customer information from database tables as well as improving support processes to create efficiencies within the team.
Day to day activities include:
- Use query tools to build and analyse data sets to get results - competent knowledge of SQL is preferred.
- Be confident and capable to perform data updates where necessary and outline requirements for others to develop.
- Look for opportunities to do things differently and provide suitable suggestions and proposals.
- Mine and consolidate relevant documentation and information.
- Perform data profiling to correlate any findings.
- Solve problems and think laterally.
- Approach and understand complex problems sometimes within little initial information.
- Put the customer first and understand customer impact.
- Identify, categorise and prioritise data quality issues.
- Compose ideas, solutions and recommendations.
- Create work tasks for others where execution skills are available.
- Be self-sufficient and operate with autonomy when given a remit but be able to seek advice and support where appropriate.
- Create suitable documentation for the audience i.e. management, business users, technical, developers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Under the guidance of the Senior Technical Specialists, responsible for the day to day support of Marketing IT systems.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Technical Specialists, responsible for the administration and management of GDPR related queries within the team.
- Responsible for the building of support processes and documentation database to ensure efficiencies are created within our support processes for Marketing related systems.
- Good Iceland business knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of working with Customer Data would be an advantage.
- Use of SQL server is preferred but also other databases considered.
- Understanding of database principles, procedural code and logic.
- Competence in SQL query language.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office tools such as
- Excel for creating control documents;
- Word for documenting findings and reports;
- Drawing packages such as Visio for creating workflows or diagrammatic representations;
- PowerPoint for presentations.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of working within retail, marketing, supply chain or similar activities.
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
Contact Name: Iceland